Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: online photos

Participating Member

online photos

is there a website to view the pics taken in Indy?

Yes, I will be posting the website shortly for the online photography taken at the USMS SC Championships in Indianapolis.

Mel, thanks for a great meet!! Do you have that website?

Various Pix from Nationals

Original Post had Mistyped Web Address! Sorry, it's fixed now!

The Central Masters Swimming Association has posted a number of pictures from Nationals. There are obviously many compositions which have an IL Masters element to them, but also random shots, shots of other Masters swimmers, and shots of the infamous Race Club. Take a peak while you wait for others to surface...

[Updated @ 1:56pm] http://www.CMSAswimming.org/mediaExchange

For those of you who might N-Joy a "swimmer's subculture" caption, have a look at the Home Page Splash online album collection of various shots used on the CMSA Web Site...

http://www.CMSAswimming.org/homePageSplash

Last edited by waterSpanker; May 4th, 2004 at 03:00 PM.
    |got waves?

Very Active Member
    Very nice site. All swimmers in this forum should visit it.

i agree. there are pretty nice photos.

Pictures are online- thousands of them:

http://www.eventphotographyassociates.com/

I have to say on first glance I am disappointed in the photos ... bad color ... and the site is horrid ... it is annoying to navigate and the thumbnails are way too small. Few "human interest" shots. Lots of flashes (which were hard on our eyes) for less-than-inspiring output!

The outfit they had at New England Champs was better!

Blog Entries
    In defense of their use of flash: I took quite a few photos at the meet, and even with 800 speed film I could only get a shutter speed of 1/125 sec. It just wasn't very light in the natatorium. A flash would have helped for sure.

Very Active Member
    The outfit they had at New England Champs was better!
    Unfortunately, we may not be able to do it in the future at the New England champs. There wasn't nearly the interest in the pictures as we had hoped. (I.e., not enough people have purchased pictures to make it cost-effective.)

-Rick

The response to the photography at the 2004 USMS National Championships has been fantastic, if you haven't visited the site you should. Swimmers have been interested their picture not "Human Interest" shots, I have had over 100 e-mails regarding the pictures. Thumbnails are small and look like there is insufficient light but the actual pictures look great. The photographers did a great job in breaking down each day by AM/ PM, then North/South Pool making it easier for you to navigate.

Visit the website its great.

Mel Goldstein, Meet Director
    2004 USMS SC Championships

Given the disparity in the number of pictures for each course ... one photographer certainly worked harder than the other!

I noticed that too! Unfortunately, most of my swims were in the "less photographed" pool!

Not to be picky, but the photographer at NEM Champs web site has the photos broken down by events (and gender), and on every page there is a link to get you back to the event listing, rather than having no way to get back other than using the back arrow over and over.

The navigation on the Indy photo site is sub-par.

Sorry, Mel.

Very Active Member
    At the NEM champs, our photographer actually took all of the pictures on film, and then had them scanned in. He had taken some sample pictures in all digital before the meet, but wasn't satisfied with the light levels on a pure-digital setup.

-Rick

Rick,

Perhaps as these event photo shoots become more common people will be more interested at NEM. The photographer might want to take team pictures, etc, to peak interest. I'd much rather have a photo of myself with my teammates than on my own!

Don't give up for next year yet!

- Maria (Badger Masters, 2d place "travel" team at NEM)

Participating Member

online photos

The third photo "Looking Onward" motivates me so that I'm not bothered by navigation, photo quality or spelling issues. That picture, and the idea of "claiming" one's best time--reflecting one's best efforts and a year of training--makes me want to be there. Just the idea of standing where that swimmer is in the photo gives me the butterflies (as in my stomach flip flopping!) and for some odd reason that makes me want to train really hard and improve my time enough to qualify in 2005. I've only competed twice and I have a long ways to go, but I'm looking onward to FLORIDA.

Photo Album Confusion

Are the criticisms regarding photo quality and navigation in reference to my "hobby-donation" shots from CMSAswimming.org or from Event Photography Associates? The "Looking Onward" caption is from the "Home Page Splash" shot caption which I authored for the Central Masters Swimming Association Online Photo Gallery.

As for spelling, please send me a "PM" or email if you notice a spelling error in one of my captions from the "Home Page Splash" archives. i'm always up for correcting mistakes like these

Just like last year in Arizona, the outdoor pool surroundings in Ft. Lauderdale will be much more accommodating for numerous types of shots. I found shooting Arizona to be especially kewl during the late afternoon events when the sun was starting to set. Have a peak of the AZ shots i took to get an idea of what i'd like to capture next year...

http://pix.CMSAswimming.org/albums/nationals/2003sc
    |got waves?

Participating Member

great photo

Water spanker, I found your photos to be fun and inspirational. Thanks for posting them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast