Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MISSING: Link to the Discussion Forums on the new site!

Re: MISSING: Link to the Discussion Forums on the new site!

Quote Originally Posted by ourswimmer View Post
    I can't find any way to sign in to "My USMS" using my phone, though.
    A button has appeared!

Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk View Post
    Then they need to find a way to enter the data themselves.
    I'm not holding my breath while I wait, though. Instead, I asked my club's registrar to check for the information request and to answer it, again if necessary. My club still isn't showing up today but if it ever does I will report back to confirm whether my answer is at least a partial solution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ourswimmer View Post
    I'm not holding my breath while I wait, though. Instead, I asked my club's registrar to check for the information request and to answer it, again if necessary. My club still isn't showing up today but if it ever does I will report back to confirm whether my answer is at least a partial solution.
    For all of our clubs that didn't show up when the new site went live, I emailed the coach contacts and asked them to look for the "Complete Your USMS Club Finder Profile" email and complete the survey. Two of them did that 5-6 days ago and aren't up yet, so there's probably a backlog that they will be catching up with very soon.
    USMS Secretary
    NI LMSC Chair/Webmaster - http://www.niagaramasters.org

I put in our club update over a week ago and it still isn't up. My patience is running out. I just took over as head coach of a club in League City, TX and am trying to build the membership. Not easy to do when the club doesn't exist on the USMS website.

Quote Originally Posted by mmlr38 View Post
    That's odd. I just checked on my phone and it wasn't an issue. Where are you encountering problems? Are you clicking the link on the bottom of the main USMS.org homepage to try to access the forums? If so, what are you seeing when you click that link? Or is it an issue with logging into the forums? If it is an issue with logging in, have you tried clearing all of your browser cache/cookies? That should resolve any login issues.

In what way? And are you referring to the Nationals portion of the USMS website? Or the Club Assistant registration and Meet Roster pages?
    I deleted the cookies and still get the 401 error on my phone.
    I was referring to the Nationals potion of the website.I wanted to look up the entries to see what I was missing. That was very easy with the old system. It took me about 3 times longer with the new.
    "To strive,to seek,to find,and not to yield" Tennyson
    Allen

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

Wow... What a fiasco. I tried to create my new USMS account, and it did not "recognize" my email, and wanted me to pay to register. I sent a note through their "contact us" link with my current registration number and asked them why. Not sure if I will get a response.

Thanks to Elaine and others for posting the short cut link to the forums.

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird Alum View Post
    Wow... What a fiasco. I tried to create my new USMS account, and it did not "recognize" my email, and wanted me to pay to register. I sent a note through their "contact us" link with my current registration number and asked them why. Not sure if I will get a response.

You're welcome, Redbird. As for USMS not recognizing your e-mail and asking you to pay to register,
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by gdanner View Post
    For all of our clubs that didn't show up when the new site went live, I emailed the coach contacts and asked them to look for the "Complete Your USMS Club Finder Profile" email and complete the survey. Two of them did that 5-6 days ago and aren't up yet, so there's probably a backlog that they will be catching up with very soon.
    I followed your lead. One coach contacted me and said that he had never gotten the email. This particular fellow is usually quite on the ball, and I believe if such a request had been received, and more than once, he would have followed up.

Not encouraging, he also mentioned that USA Swimming's web revamp over a year ago had similar issues to what we are facing and is "still messed up and (has) so many dead pages that don't work."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk View Post
    ... "still messed up and (has) so many dead pages that don't work."
    I assume he meant "dead links which used to work." It's generally a conscious decision not to retain some backward compatibility. If the content is static and still present on the new site (articles about technique or stretching won't become worthless when a site is redesigned) it's normally pretty easy to provide the necessary redirects in the web server config files. Too many to do all at once? Pick through your logs occasionally, sorting the 404s by frequency. Add redirects for the most frequent items. Lather, rinse, repeat. After a couple rounds, you will have covered just about everything anyone cared about.

Blog Entries

I still cannot access My USMS from Safari. I deleted cookies once, and got on once. Now I am back to the blank blue page. I think our membership dues should include access through the main browsers like Safari.

I also note that there are no entries in the event rankings for 2018 short course meter times. In fact, there have been short course meters meets this year and the event rankings were previously listed. Now they have disappeared.

The calendar of events is still an out of chronological order mess that could discourage people from signing up for meets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress View Post
    The calendar of events is still an out of chronological order mess that could discourage people from signing up for meets.
    Hadn't thought about the last part of the sentence...very true however!

Can't Calandar of Events be left the way it was?
    Glenn Gruber

Quote Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
    I put in our club update over a week ago and it still isn't up.
    Ours neither.

Elaine --- thanx

Blog Entries

I really wish they'd bring back the "keep me logged in" feature.

This has probably already been mentioned, but would rather not look through this entire thread to check.

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    Elaine --- thanx
    ​You're welcome, Orca!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    I really wish they'd bring back the "keep me logged in" feature.

This has probably already been mentioned, but would rather not look through this entire thread to check.
    Yeah, I have brought it up in this thread, I spoke with Jessica about it on the phone, and I sent her an e-mail about how ANNOYING it is to keep having to log in!

As the person ultimately responsible for the decision to modernize our website and roll out this first phase, I’d like to address some of your concerns.

We’re diligently working to fix known issues and support each and every one of our members who has experienced problems with the functionality of usms.org. We’ll continue to do so as we move forward with the next set of planned upgrades and additional functionality.

I’d also like to apologize for the problems you’ve encountered and thank you for identifying them. Although any large-scale change in software comes with challenges, it’s especially frustrating for those who discover the issues first. We appreciate your input and patience. Nearly every issue mentioned on this thread has either already been addressed or is in a queue for our development team to address.

The new usms.org was designed with multiple goals in mind, including mobile responsiveness, ease of finding USMS clubs and events, and the ability to personalize content specific to members’ interests, locations, and preferences. Behind the scenes this change is also a major upgrade to our technology infrastructure. The modern technology on which our platform now resides will allow us to respond to changing member preferences more rapidly, provide added online services, more easily integrate with our partners, and provide more security around our members’ information.

We understand this is a significant change and will take adjustment. We also believe that the future improvements will be worth it. As mentioned throughout this thread, our membership services staff is standing by to help. Please continue to forward your comments to membership@usmastersswimming.org. You may also call 941-256-8767 if you need immediate support.

We’ll continue to monitor this thread for input and may respond periodically with updates.
    Dawson Hughes, CEO
    U.S. Masters Swimming

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redbird Alum View Post

Okay! I did get an emailed response from USMS, along with a second email from USMS that had me go through a very easy re-verification of my email address and password. Once I did this, I was able to get into "My USMS" with no further issues.

Also, the link on the revised "My USMS" that leads to the forums did work.

Many thanks to the folks at USMS for their assistance in sorting this part of my issue. Hopefully, the main sign-in, will soon recognize existing members' emails without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
    I put in our club update over a week ago and it still isn't up. My patience is running out. I just took over as head coach of a club in League City, TX and am trying to build the membership. Not easy to do when the club doesn't exist on the USMS website.
    Happy to report that our club information is now on the USMS website. Thank you, USMS.

Can someone give me simple, step by step instructions to getting to the forums from my phone. I can get to usms.org. I have deleted the cookies. I still just get the 404 error message when I try to get to the forums.
    "To strive,to seek,to find,and not to yield" Tennyson
    Allen

Very Active Member Chris Stevenson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Typing forums.usms.org doesn’t work? Im on my phone right now using that method.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast