Thread: US Masters and College Club Swimming

US Masters and College Club Swimming

Is a swimmer allowed to swim for both a masters program and a College Club Swimming team at the same time? Can they attend meets for both programs? Doe either of these have any affect on NCAA eligibility?

Thank you

Re: US Masters and College Club Swimming

Yes. A swimmer may swim for both, a CCS college club and for US Masters Swimming. They can attend CCS meets and USMS meets.

It should not effect their NCAA eligibility. However, NCAA determines NCAA eligibility, not USMS or CCS.

NOTE: CCS does not allow current NCAA varsity swimming athletes to participate in CCS events.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine and not those of U.S. Masters Swimming.

Thanks Rob, not current varsity, Iím a college freshman trying to get times down to walk in at my current university - hence the NCAA question. Swimming both to get as many competition times as possible.

Blog Entries

Good luck to you! I remember when my son was around your age - just the beginning of when they started to cut the mens programs! It is really hard to get on a team. If you are open to transferring so you can swim, you might consider Tampa University (Tampa, FL) - Coach Brennan is awesome, and allows walk ons A LOT.