Thread: 2019 Clinics/Certification

Blog Entries

2019 Clinics/Certification

Does anyone know when the 2019 schedule of stroke/performance clinics and coaching courses will be announced? Or have they already been and I just have failed at finding them?
    400 IMer/200 backstroker in another life, now sprinter/breaststroker... Yeah, I don't know how that happened either!

Blog Entries

Re: 2019 Clinics/Certification

They issued a tentative schedule at convention and via email to coaches shortly thereafter. I haven't seen an official schedule yet, so they're still probably working on it. See the attached file for the tentative schedule.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	courses.PNG 
Views:	27 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	11731  
    USMS Secretary
    NI LMSC Chair/Webmaster - http://www.niagaramasters.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gdanner View Post
    They issued a tentative schedule at convention and via email to coaches shortly thereafter. I haven't seen an official schedule yet, so they're still probably working on it. See the attached file for the tentative schedule.
    Thanks Greg! Hmm, I guess they are having coaching certs in St. Louis concurrent with the convention. Hopefully I can make it to the L1, I don't know how much/when I'll be volunteering yet. I'm trying to get more active in the administrative stuff to get some younger blood into things.

Funny thing, St. Louis is technically Ozark LMSC (we're the LMSC running the convention as well). I don't know why they put Missouri Valley!
    400 IMer/200 backstroker in another life, now sprinter/breaststroker... Yeah, I don't know how that happened either!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPEnge View Post
    Thanks Greg! Hmm, I guess they are having coaching certs in St. Louis concurrent with the convention. Hopefully I can make it to the L1, I don't know how much/when I'll be volunteering yet. I'm trying to get more active in the administrative stuff to get some younger blood into things.

Funny thing, St. Louis is technically Ozark LMSC (we're the LMSC running the convention as well). I don't know why they put Missouri Valley!
    It is typical for the courses to be offered on that Wednesday in the same city during convention. Most of the delegates don't have required meetings on that day, so it's a great way for people to pick up a cert and not have to make a separate trip for it (particularly those from smaller LMSCs that don't have any certification courses near where they live). That's how I picked up my Level 1 and 2 in fact! Would have liked to do Level 3 or ALTS, but there is a required meeting for the BOD on Wednesday.
    USMS Secretary
    NI LMSC Chair/Webmaster - http://www.niagaramasters.org