Thread: looking for club near Frederick MD

Hybrid View

Participating Member

looking for club near Frederick MD

I'm getting back into swimming and would like to join a masters club, but am not finding one near Frederick, MD. I can't imagine this is the case. If anyone knows of a club please contact me. Thanks! Kara

Frederick, Maryland is part of the Maryland LMSC:
    http://maryland.usms.org/

I am not aware of any registered clubs near that area, however, you can get more thorough info on their website.

However, the Potomac Valley LMSC ends at the Montgomery County/Frederick County line so for a short drive you can reach clubs in Potomac Valley. The closest one to the county line is Germantown Masters. The website for Potomac Valley is:
    http://www.pvmasters.org

Jeff Roddin
    Potomac Valley Registrar

I believe there may be something going on at the Frederick YMCA. We had a young lady train with us at the Howard YMCA who was commuting from Frederick, but she was having a tough time with balancing us and her children. I believe that she is spearheading a Frederick program, but I could be wrong (and often am.)

Ray
    The good news is that Masters Swimming is the fountain of youth. The bad news is that it causes one to revert to the emotional age of twelve.

I believe there may be something going on at the Frederick YMCA. We had a young lady train with us at the Howard YMCA who was commuting from Frederick, but she was having a tough time with balancing us and her children. I believe that she is spearheading a Frederick program, but I could be wrong (and often am.)

Ray
    The good news is that Masters Swimming is the fountain of youth. The bad news is that it causes one to revert to the emotional age of twelve.

Re: looking for club near Frederick MD

Monacacy Aquatic Club Masters. Great coach! Workouts are T/TH from 8-9pm. Any ability. $150.00 per trimester. Typical distances are between 2800 and 3000 yds.