Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does your forum name mean?

What does your forum name mean?

Curious what your forum names mean.

As for me, people have told me that I am like a fish because I love the water, so I decided to use that as my forum name.

Would love to hear what everyone else's mean....

My forum name is part of my email address which is Eeyeore- for my kitty and S for Suzanne A for my daughter Ashley and M for my husband Mike. It seems a little funny to me, but I have had it for ten years and hate to change it.

Participating Member
    Mines just a character from an old sci-fi book - been using it for all online stuff including gamer tags, forums, etc.

If I ever get to the point that I can put my own avatar in system (I'm a chronic lurker) it will be the Master Chief from Halo

Very Active Member

Fish....

I love the water, too. I practically grew up at the beach and I feel "like a fish out of water" if I miss a day or two of swimming, so I'm "fishgrrl."

Kari

Very Active Member hooked-on-swimming's Avatar
    Mines says it all - HOOKED-ON-SWIMMING.Swimming is the drug I am hooked on.

Last name is Scansaroli - forum name is Scansy. I have been called Scansy or Scans since high school.

But I have thought about changing it to Steelers Rule!

You can probably figure out why I would want to do that.

Cool Names

Swimmy is fish in a children's book. I teach preschool, so I love kids' books. I might read a little too much Dr. Seuss, if you couldn;'t tell from my posts in The Meaning of Swimming thread....hahaha

Swimmy : )
    Life is simple...Eat, Sleep, Swim!
    www.terrapinmasters.org

Sea for Seattle, my favorite city in the world and also ocean because I love the ocean (and all water for that matter) just ignore the fact that I live in Idaho k?!
    Gurl becuase well i am one...and 51 because that's Ichiro Suzuki's number.

~Kyra

My wifes name is Mary Charlotte and when she was a child she was very tom boyish loved to play baseball, basketball, volleyball, ice skating, you name it. Her uncle nicknamed her Chas then it changed to Chuckie. Hence my name George, put them together like we have been for over 47 years... Geochuck.

George

Very Active Member jim clemmons's Avatar
    Boy, that's a tough one. I'll have to think about it a bit.

Blog Entries
    One of my college coaches started calling me "Gull" and the name stuck. I graduated in '80.

I joined Weight Watchers this year, and when I joined USMS I was just starting to swim again. I chose the name because it was my goal to be a fit swimmer by the end of 2004. So far, I've lost 16 pounds, two pants sizes and I'm swimming a 2000 meter interval workout at least 3 days a week. I also do a 2 mile jog and weight training program at least 2 days a week. Everytime I see that name it's a reminder to stick with my program and how far I've come.
    Fitswimmer04

Very Active Member jean sterling's Avatar
    sterlij was assigned to me as a school system e-mail address, and I just kept it. They simply took the first six letters of your last name and the first letter of your first name. sterlij isn't so bad. A guy's name was David Ratner - his assigned e-mail address was ratnerd. He pronounced it ratner d, but it sure looked like rat nerd to me. His was the few e-mail addresses I remembered from the start.
    Jean S.

Very Active Member
    2go+h20 means To Motivate Add Water.
    I learnt to swim at age 33 at MAsters. Fronted up and thought these guys were so serious, as they wore Speedos. I thought they were only for Olympic Athletes. I could do a form of front crawl, and sidestroke which I soon learnt wasn't a stroke masters did in a workout. The workout language was like learning a foreign language, and the maths invloved in the sets and pace clock stuff was mind boggling!
    I always wanted to be a 'swimmer' as a child, and now have reached so many goals through swimming.
    Not just water goals, but have the confidence and focus to set all sorts of goals and achieve them.
    I now teach/ coach (all ages, stages and abilities, including Special Olympics and Swimmers With A Disability) and enjoy motivating others to achieve fitness as a lifestyle in the sport, to set goals and reach them.
    So To Motivate Add Water is my motto.
    Kiwi

Originally posted by 2go+h20
    2go+h20 means To Motivate Add Water.
    I could do a form of front crawl, and sidestroke which I soon learnt wasn't a stroke masters did in a workout.
    Nothing wrong with side stroke. It was the only stroke my father swam. He competed as a professional 6 day bicycle rider in the 20s.

George

Very Active Member newmastersswimmer's Avatar
    It's hard to express in but a few words what the meaning of my forum name is (it's such a highly complex and technical issue with me)....and so I guess I will have to leave it as a total mystery for now.

newmastersswimmer

p.s. I can say why I picked my Avatar though....You see, I really do have the head of a giant green fish so it was a natural choice for me.....Anyone else want to also explain thier personal choice of Avatar as well?

Very Active Member newmastersswimmer's Avatar

Second Reply

I will let y'all know what my second choice for a forum name was (as well as why I didn't select it).....I was going to pick the forum name I use at my family website through MSN groups which is OTEW.....I didn't use it here b/c the meaning behind it reveals an extremely geeky side of me that I was hoping to keep a secret from everyone....BUT what the heck, by now everyone can see me as the geek I really am anyway....(just read any of my prior postings!)....so here goes....OTEW is an acronym for "Olorin The Extremely Wise"....a gag name for "Olorin The Wise"....If you know the origins for this name than you must also have a geeky side....(so what do I care?)

newmastersswimmer (AKA OTEW in some circles)

??????
    jophesgo

Participating Member
    Mine is from a Monty Python sketch. "Nudge nudge, say no more, say no more..." I love Monty Python!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast