Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMSA Championships 2005

Very Active Member

CMSA Championships 2005

Just wanted to let you know that it is now official.

The CMSA (Central LMSC) Championships will be April 14-17, 2005 at the University of Illinois Chicago Circle pool.

Sanction is pending.
    Mary Pohlmann

Very Active Member

CMSA Championship Entry Form

While completing my CMSA Championship entry form, I noticed that it was very easy to add the number of events into the total entry fee required (instead of just using it to calculate the fee for that number of events). I had already written my check before I noticed the problem. I ripped up the check and wrote a new one, but I'm afraid others might make the same mistake that I did.

Sometimes we don't catch problems until we actually put a form into use, so please be careful as you calculate your entry fee for the CMSA Championships.

The entry form is available in our latest CMSA newsletter and online in the meet market section of cmsaswimming.org.

Thanks.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

Very Active Member
    Mary,
    I did the same thing. Is the meeting after Saturday or after Sunday?
    Craig

Very Active Member

CMSA Meeting

The CMSA meeting will be Saturday, April 16th at 4:30 pm or 30 minutes following completion of the 500 free.

The meeting will be at PEB in room 117 (this is located at the southeast end of the IUC pool next to the diving boards). Food
    and drinks will be available.

We will elect CMSA officers for the next two years and present the Coach of the Year and CMSA Service Awards.

Be sure to get your nominations for these awards and/or your nomination for officer letters mailed before the deadline of March 15th. See the latest CMSA Newsletter for the correct forms and details.

All CMSA members are invited to attend this meeting.

See you there.

Mary Pohlmann
    CMSA President
    Mary Pohlmann

I'm curious, did you have the same problem last year with the entry form? I ask because:

1. The host committee used the form that was emailed to us by the CMSA President.

2. The entry form is identical, with the exception of a line for the T-shirt, to last year's entry at Barrington.

Very Active Member
    I was also talking on the telephone when I filled the form out. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the form.

As of April 5, 2005:

446 entries received
    2550 splashes

Heat/Psych Sheets should be ready by April 10.

Very Active Member
    the numbers excite me!!!!!!!

Heat sheets posted

CMSAers:

As promised, the CMSA Championship Heat Sheets are now comleted and have been sent to the CMSA President and CMSA WebMaster for posting on the CMSA website.

Please note, that for the 1650, Heats 1-9 are swum on Thursday and heats 10-17 will be swum on Friday.

Enjoy and Good Luck to all!

Regards,
    Your 2005 CMSA State Meet Hosts - Chicago Masters and Evanston Masters

Very Active Member
    Nice job Carl.

Thank you for all your hard work.

See you at States.

Let's all have fun.

Thumbs up Look out State Meet, here we come!

Evanston and UIC have done a great job putting together an above par State Meet! Over 450 swimmers with relay folks. Awesome! Technology know-how gives us the heat sheets in advance, let's us visualize our swims better, and experience the agony of defeat before it happens, so cool. Each time I review the heat sheets my legs get tired. Good stuff.

I look forward to State Meet each year because I meet friends that I have not seen in too long of a time. James Ralph, Stephanie Mullins, Sue Welker, John Pratt , Rich Mueller's daughter and such. I am ready for my mediocre swims, I fear not. The 2005 State Meet is proving itself to be quite fast. I look forward to seeing the great swims from all ages, including Barb Delanois'.

So as I sit here and type, drunk on a Sunday night, I imagine myself winning my heats next week cause Dave McClellan did not show up, and I am happy. May all 35+ males get the flu this week. Godspeed.

State Meet! Bring it on Naperville Waves, Catifsh love to swim fast amongst Waves. other teams too. Yahoo!

Hey Davie, where do I get a copy of that heat sheet you are reading??

Can't wait for the weekend! GOOD LUCK to all Illinois swimmers!

Sue:

Evanston, being a co-host, has a copy of the heat sheets. I just emailed a copy to you.

Regards,
    Carl

Thumbs up State Meet Heat Sheets for the anal folk.

Now that the cat is out of the bag and just for kicks, the 2005 State Meet Heat Sheets are also available from the www.evmasters.org homepage. Now everyone can see'em.

Changed to Heat Sheet

PLEASE NOTE - we have received a few emails already indicating wrong seed times, missing events, team affiliation, etc. We are making corrections now, and will post a revised heat sheet listing as soon as we're done.

The heat sheets that will be provided upon check in, will be the final copy.

Exclamation Heat Sheet corrections

If anyone has issues with their events, please email David at david@davidschiff.com before 11AM Tuesday morning. After that the heat sheet is final and any changes needing to be made after that we will put swimmers in the first heat or open lanes.

Please refer to the Evanston Masters webpage for the listing of the heat sheets.

Thanks Carl!!
    This must be a headache!!
    Who is handling the corrections?

Corrections are being handled by David at david@davidschiff.com

Thanks Carl

Carl,

Appreciate the updates. Some of us were monitoring the CMSA web site. You're a life-saver.

Matt

Very Active Member
    What's the X mean by my times?

I just went throught the heat sheets! My heart is just pumping!!!!!! I can't believe it! I hope I can calm down enough to make it through my afternoon swim without getting sick!

It is truly amazing to me that so many people will come together for a wonderful weekend of swimming. I truly hope we all enjoy our weekend & have great times!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast