Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697
Results 1,921 to 1,924 of 1924

Thread: Ande's Swimming Tips: Swimming Faster Faster

Blog Entries

Re: Ande's Swimming Tips: Swimming Faster Faster

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Abrahams View Post
    I know two masters swimmers (both world record holders) who take testosterone. Their justification is that their natural level is low and they need it to "level the playing field." I have told them I strongly disagree. Take it if you want, but then don't compete. It is cheating. Masters Track and Field tests, especially those setting records. I wish Masters Swimming would as well.
    I'm inclined to agree and I think the whole "low-T" thing smacks of big pharma run amok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Abrahams View Post
    Masters Track and Field tests, especially those setting records. I wish Masters Swimming would as well.
    I certainly agree with that.
    Glenn Gruber

I love this "Their justification is that their natural level is low and they need it to level the playing field"

I'm in the 65 yr old age group and I'm pretty sure the level of the playing field is LOW TESTOSTERONE ... if your trying to level it with a younger athlete then find a way to compete with them ... but give us normal "low T" folks a break ... i've always thought some testing would be beneficial to our sport ... they would find find there is some abuse which would be similar to what they have found in several other masters level sports ... going forward i shall happily continue with with the old way - dedication to training !

I agree with the everyone about banned substances except if your medication is listed as a masking agent and isn't performance enhancing.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47879394959697