Thread: Ithaca meet

Ithaca meet

does anyone have any information if they are going to have a swim meet in Ithaca in November. I haven't been able to find anything on it yet. Please let me know if anything on it. Thanks

http://www.niagaramasters.org/

The meet sheet is on this page.

Hope to see you there!

Blog Entries

Re: Ithaca meet

I hope there is one this year I am looking forward to going

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlee View Post
    I hope there is one this year I am looking forward to going
    They've held it 12 years (probably in a row), so I'm sure they will! Keep your eye on the LMSC site and we'll get the meet info posted as soon as we get it.

Blog Entries

sounds great thanks:O Looks like Oneonta is having there meet at the end of October. I plan on going to that one also. Do you know where the colonial championships are going to be this year? Are you going to the Ithaca meet? :O)

Blog Entries

Do you know where the colonial championships are going to be this year? Are you going to the Ithaca meet? :O)
    No one had bid on the 2010 Colonies SCM Champs (which usually falls in Dec) as of a couple weeks ago. The deadline was yesterday, so we'll know soon if there will even be a meet.

Or if you mean 2011 SCY in the spring, then yes, it looks like it will be at George Mason again for the 9th straight year.

I'm not sure about Ithaca yet, I'm not sure if they have a proposed date of the meet yet. I have a USA-S meet the first week in December and that's right around when Ithaca usually has their meet.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Ithaca meet

[QUOTE=gdanner;226091]No one had bid on the 2010 Colonies SCM Champs (which usually falls in Dec) as of a couple weeks ago. The deadline was yesterday, so we'll know soon if there will even be a meet.

Or if you mean 2011 SCY in the spring, then yes, it looks like it will be at George Mason again for the 9th straight year.

I'm not sure about Ithaca yet, I'm not sure if they have a proposed date of the meet yet. I have a USA-S meet the first week in December and that's right arounI

Hello.. I sure hope someone has the Colonies swim champs. I am really looking forward to it. I just started back to swimming last november. I was in masters for a year before but I was so busy that I couldn't dedicate the time that I really wanted. Now my daughter is out of college and is Married so I have all the time in the world now.) I am a beginner and my own coach so I am going slow but having a lot of fun learning. ) I will have to put the George Mason one on my calender of events... I won't miss that. Where is George Mason? Also where are you swimming at near the Ithaca meet? If they don't have one I will have to find another. My goal is at least one swim meet a month. I only live about a hour away from Ithaca and 45 minutes from Binghamton so I definately won't miss them I am looking forward to Vermont...Only two weeks away. I am still just swimming 400 meter and one of each stoke doing the 50's. I am working my way up the distance.) It is weird No matter how I swim the 500 yard free I always end up with 10 minutes( Sometimes I think I swim faster but I never do.. I have a hard time with freestyle( And the breast stroke kick..Every day I give it my best in practice though.) I have a lot of fun doing it. The place I swim at has been packed lately. A lot of sweet people. Well I better be going. Thanks for your replys it is nice of you. ) Not many people come on to the forum. Rhonda

ps. Do you know how to get usms mail> I have a mail box but don't know how to get mail.

Blog Entries

Hello.. I sure hope someone has the Colonies swim champs. I am really looking forward to it. I just started back to swimming last november. I was in masters for a year before but I was so busy that I couldn't dedicate the time that I really wanted. Now my daughter is out of college and is Married so I have all the time in the world now.)

ps. Do you know how to get usms mail> I have a mail box but don't know how to get mail.
    Good to hear you're back in it! This sport is a great way to stay in shape and if you meet new people along the way, all the better. Maybe you can talk some other people into joining USMS as well, I always try to do that.

With regard to your mail question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. What is the email address that you are referring to?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gdanner View Post
    Good to hear you're back in it! This sport is a great way to stay in shape and if you meet new people along the way, all the better. Maybe you can talk some other people into joining USMS as well, I always try to do that.

With regard to your mail question, I'm not quite sure what you mean. What is the email address that you are referring to?
    Hello) I do ask everyone there to join. I got one guy to join When I first started Everyone just swam the free.. I swim all strokes and now a lot are starting to also. I have a dear friend I am working on joining. I hope she goes to the Ithaca meet with me. I might have a lot of fans at this meet as it is close to home. So excited for vermont This weekend. Every us swimming gets a mail address. I don't know how it works but if you you type in there name you get a thing to send them a message. I would like to know how you get them. I think. Or maybe it just goes to your normal email?
    I will start a new thread and see if anyone knows Take care)

Gdanner's update seems more relevant and up-to-date than my post
    I ain't as good as I once was
    But I'm as good once as I ever was
    Come again?