Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Help My Flutter Kick is Horrible!

Re: Help My Flutter Kick is Horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    25m flutter kick timed (estimated where 25m was in LC setup) 0:21

100m flutter kick timed 2:20
    • 25m splits: 0:27, 0:32, 0:40, 0:41

I looked up at one of the three pace clocks to get the splits. If I work on 75ís and 100ís, maybe the back side of my 50ís would improve and help my 50 time. But that 100 was an acid bomb. The 25m was very slow for me, I should be in the 19ís, but I havenít done a timed 25 in years, or maybe it was just a bad attempt
    I haven't done a true timed kick in a while, but we did some descend 25y kicks on :30 last week. I got down to a :17 on the last 25, but I was gassed by that point. Last season I recall a 50y kick with a board and one pull at the turn and finish was a :34. I want to say my Masters best 50 with the board/pull is about a :32/:33, and if I recall correctly my age group best time was right around a :30. Couldn't tell you the last time I did a timed LCM kick, though I did swim and kick some LCM over the summer.

My kick (both flutter and butterfly) definitely comes and goes. There was a point last spring where I was more or less comfortably able to push around a 1:20 on 100y backstroke kick on 2:00, but I had to push it fairly hard to hit a 1:26 last week, whereas my swimming times right now are right about where they were in the spring when I was hitting those 1:20s.

Blog Entries

Those are very good.

I remember the 400yd kick for time thing and Chris Stevenson did it faster than I can swim it.

As an age grouper, we used to do a T-1000 kick 3 times a season, and for a while I held the team record both with a board and doing backstroke kick. My best was an 14:37 with a board, 13:04 without a board.

I'd be beyond thrilled now if I could hold a 1:27 base kick with a board or 1:18 backstroke kick for a 200, let alone a 1000!

Welp, for all of us who complain about our kicking (admittedly, this is mostly butterfly kick, but still): https://swimswam.com/watch-pan-ams-g...ard-backstroke

Very Active Member

I astonished that you can go 15 M underwater in a 25 M pool and have it be legal. And flipping over a stroke before flip turning? Is that legal? Seems like you could get away with doing about 36 M of actual backstroke in the 100M backstroke race? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by MickYoung View Post
    I astonished that you can go 15 M underwater in a 25 M pool and have it be legal. And flipping over a stroke before flip turning? Is that legal? Seems like you could get away with doing about 36 M of actual backstroke in the 100M backstroke race? Really?
    Yep, you can go 15m underwater in any fly, back, or free event. Breast doesn't have that stipulation. For back, the rules just require that you be on your back and do a legal turn/finish, so whether you swim or kick, as long as you meet those two requirements, you can do it however you want!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickYoung View Post
    Yes, really. You should watch the 200 medley relays at NCAAs. About 15 yards of top of the water swimming per leg. It's awesome.

Blog Entries

Holy cow, she must have some killer abs!
    Kari Kennedy

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233