Thread: Please get me your USS and non-ILMSA meet results (ignore previous message)

Participating Member

Please get me your USS and non-ILMSA meet results (ignore previous message)

Sorry, sent button got hit early by accident, please ignore previous message

I am in the process of finalizing 2005-2006 SCY meet data in preparation for:

-submission to the national office for the official USMS 2005-2006 Top 10
    -updating our ILMSA SCY individual and relay records
    -updating our ILMSA SCY all time top 10 lists

I have results for:
    -2006 USMS Nationals
    -2006 YMCA Nationals
    -All ILMSA masters meets (including state) except for the North Star Classic (March 19 at St. Charles North)
    -I have the Feb 5 St. Charles East Superbowl meet, but it cannot be included because of pool measurement problems.

If you swam any meets besides those I mentioned above where I have the results, I need to get your times ASAP. To accept individual results, I need:

-Your name
    -The date of the last day of the meet
    -Your age as of the last day of the meet (note this is different than USS rules where they want your age as of the first day of the meet)
    -The events you want included (please be specific and list your events, don't say "all my events", I might too easily miss one)
    -an internet link to the results or fax or mail me a copy of the appropriate page of the results, or the Meet Manager .zip file backup. I need this for an audit trail. As much as I trust you, it is required that I get this verification.

There is one other area that I generally need to be alerted to, even if it was a USS meet that I have results: relay lead off splits. Meet Manager is not yet able to track these, so I need to be alerted separately if you had an official relay lead off split that you'd like included.

Several people have sent me USS meet results throughout the season (Jennifer Ridge, Mary Pohlmann, Nadine Day to name a few). I try hard to always reply to let people know I got their results and will get them included. As of today (June 21), I have included all notifications I have received for adding individual results. If you swam a meet that you want included, please get me that information by the end of this week (i.e., end of day Saturday June 24).

If anyone has contact with the meet directors for the North Star Classic and can ask them to email me the Meet Manager .zip file back up, I would appreciate it. (FYI, Nadine has already done this, but if anyone can "gently remind" them, I'd appreciate that).

Don't send me your individual results for the North Star Classic. Once I get the meet file, that should be covered.

If anyone has any questions on this, please let me know. I hope you can figure out that if I'm asking for all results by June 24, the records updates and top ten updates should show up next week some time! Thanks,

Joe (joemagiera at ameritech dot net)
    joemagiera@ameritech.net

Participating Member

(Wisconsin USMS state meet)

Jen,

I did not get the Wisconsin state meet, but I'd be glad to include them. If several people swam it, perhaps someone could ask the meet director to email me the Meet Manager .zip file back up. That would save everyone involved a lot of time and effort.

Joe

Participating Member

Wisconsin & Indiana state, national top 10

I did not get the Wisconsin or Indiana USMS state meet results. FYI though, for USMS national season Top Ten, since they are USMS meets, they should be reported by their respective regions.

I would only need the results if you wanted them included for ILMSA records or ILMSA all time top ten listings.

Joe

Question

Joe, I was just wondering if the 2 national record relays were included in the ILMSA state meet results, as I heard the official times have been misplaced.

Participating Member
    Maybe this isn't a question for this string, but out of curiosity, does anyone know why we don't measure the st.charles east pool for nationally recognized performances? It seems like a lot of swimmers attend meets there and it would be good to be able to submit times from them...

Very Active Member
    The last time the St. Charles East pool was measured for a short course yards meet it was short in several lanes. This was two years ago. No attempt at measuring was made for this year's short course yards meet. Last summer the pool was measured for a long course meters meet and met the standards so the times were able to be used for top ten. If you would like to volunteer to help measure for the meet on July 16th please let me know.

Because this pool has a moveable bulkhead it must be measured before and after every competition. Another pool with a similar problem is the York High School pool in Elmhurst. Even though the York H.S. pool "passed" for this year's short course yards meet, the next time an event is scheduled there it must be remeasured and meet the standards if the times are to be considered for top 10.

How many people does it take to measure the pool? What does it entail?

Very Active Member
    Two people minimum, one to hold each end of the tape. The measurements are recorded on a form and reported to Joe so he knows what meet results to include for top ten.

Very Active Member

Two

I find that to be safe it takes two people to measure the pool either my laser measurement or by steel tape measurement. In laser measurement you have to make sure your target is steady and that you can actually focus on the target instead of something else like a building or shed. With the steel tape you have to make sure its straight with no sag and level with the water. I was at a meet in Louisville last fall and saw Bill Tingley and Mark Gill measuring the U of L pool with a steel tape. I noticed that the steel tape was weighted down by bits or a broken pull buoy to keep the tape straight with no sag. I have also heard of people balancing the tape with kickboards though I have never tried it or seen it done.
    Skip Thompson

Well my daughter and I will be at St Charles on the 16th and I would be happy to hold the end of a tape measure.