Thread: Convention Delegates

Convention Delegates

Who from Illinois Masters was at the convention?

Very Active Member
    We were well-represented at the USMS Convention by Nadine Day, Marcia Cleveland, Robert Zeitner, Fred Pigott, Andrea Block, Jennie Quill, Greg Weber, Barbara Delanois, Phil Dodson and myself. All made very positive contributions to a successful convention. We will be submitting our convention reports to be made available to the ILMSA membership shortly.

Thanks for asking.
    Mary Pohlmann

Very Active Member
    and Chris Colburn.

Very Active Member
    Right you are, Jennie and my apologies to Chris Colburn for leaving him off my list. I thought we had 10, but we actually had 11 delegates and they are all actively involved in USMS at the national level.

Sue Welker was also in attendance and was presented with the USMS Swim Coach of the Year award, so we actually had 12 swimmers from ILMSA present. That is awesome.

Congratulations to Sue!

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

Convention

Illinois was also well represented at the USAS Banquet with Coach of the Year Sue Welker!!!!

Very Active Member
    Just to let you know that ILMSA has a great representation within the USMS organization:

Nadine Day-USMS BOD Great Lakes Director at Large
    Marcia Cleveland-Long Distance Chair
    Mary Pohlmann-International Chair
    Phil Dodson-Finance Committee
    Barb Delanois-Legislation

Fred Pigott has been recommended to be on the USMS FINA Officials Technical Committee.

The minutes will be available no later than November 1st.

http://www.usms.org/admin/conv/

Yes, WE WILL be hosting the convention in 2009. We start planning next year. If you are interested in helping out at the USMS Convention (these will be the non delegates); please let me know.

Liz, I enjoyed meeting your mother.

Thanks Mary & Randy!!

I still am in shock about the awesome honor as USMS Coach of the Year!!

I'm looking forward to getting more involved with other coaches both in the state & on a national level. I met many great people this weekend & was thrilled to put faces with names I had heard.

I also want to say thanks to Marcia Cleveland, Robert Zietner, & jenny Quill. All 3 of you have been so supportative and helpful.

ALL AMERICAS - the "big picture"

Our multi-national team is morally 'obligated' to publicly express our gratitude to Illinois' Mary Pohlmann, Chair of the International Committee, for having entertained and flawlessly handled issues during the IC meeting that directly -and positively- affected the future of ALL AMERICAS Masters aquatics, thus really fullfilling International expectations.

Thank you Mary, thank you Illinois.

David E. Morrill
    LatyCar
    President 2005-2007

Congradulations Coach Sue.

And you will find that getting involved locally and in the USMS committee structure you will be amazed at the debth of talent and the help from everyone.

You can request a committee, such as the Coaches Committee. The administration has utilized non convention delegates very well, and this extra talent has been a benefit to our organization.
    It's not how fast you swim, it's how fast you slow down.

For competition breaststroke information visit: http://www.breaststroke.info/