Thread: Sibling Rivalry

Very Active Member

Sibling Rivalry

After a little smack talking back and forth, I think I have my brother talked into coming out for Nationals for a long awaited showdown. He lives and swims in Colorado; I live and swim in Oregon. Is there any way we can be on a relay together, i.e., is there some kind of a sibling exception to the team rule? We're no threat to anyone's records, I just think it would be a hoot to get to do a relay with my little brother.
    Last edited by BillS; November 20th, 2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Can't spell my own state.

Very Active Member Sandi Rousseau's Avatar

Re: Sibling Rivalry

Bill,

It is always fun to have family relays at nationals, but the only way you can do it is for you and your brother to be registered with the same USMS club, e.g. Oregon Masters or Colorado Masters, or you can form your own club. If you do register for the same club, all other events that you swim at nationals will be for that same club.

Very Active Member

Cool Re: Sibling Rivalry

Having once been in the water with Bill at Hood River pool, I can smell some more "smack talk" --- "we're no threat to any records...". I'd not take these guys lightly regardless of who they bring in as relay partners!

Jerry

i swim with bill's brother in colorado. he's very fast... beats me to the hot tub every time!
    kimigo

><((((>
    `..`...><((((>
    `...><((((>

Bill sign him up for our team!