Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILMSA State meet?

Question ILMSA State meet?

Do we have a confirmed date for the State meet?

Very Active Member

Re: ILMSA State meet?

April 19-22 at UIC

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

When will we see the information on the website for this meet?

Blog Entries

It usually appears sometime in early to mid January ...

The entry for the ILMSA State Meet has been officially sanctioned and sent to the ILMSA webmaster for posting on the ILMSA website. The file is too big to post here (it's 100.5 KB and the max file limit is 97.7 KB).

Regards,
    Your ILMSA co-hosts, Chicago Masters & Evanston Masters

Very Active Member

Here is the link to the State meet entry form.

http://ilmsa.com/files/meets/notices...SASCChamps.pdf

They are in the process of getting it online on:
    http://www.wildkitaquatics.com/masters/

It is recommend to enter online.

Blog Entries

As always, great job putting this together and getting the information out so early. Thanks!
    "I don't race to see who is the fastest, I race to see who has the most guts."

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

This has to be one of the best organized events around the countrry, from the online entry to the follow-up online results. Great job!

Unfortunately, this meet will not be published in the March/April edition of USMS Swimmer. Here is the message I received back from the editor:

Thank you for the message. Unfortunately, we've already done the calendar for March/April and we are trying to promote a few clinics and camps this time instead of the small selection of regional meets. We like to shake it up every now and then. We will publish regional meet listings in the future, just not this March/April.

Hope all is well,
    Bill

However, I do believe that this will be published in Swimming World Magazine based on this message that I received from the editor:

We will put this in our calendar of events where appropriate.

Jason
    So we're at least going to be published in one magazine.

Online entries now ready

The online entry form is now ready and available for the ILMSA State Meet. The link in the pdf form posted on the ILMSA website takes you directly to the website, but here is it also: http://www.wildkitaquatics.com/masters/

Regards,
    Chicago Masters & Evanston Masters

Very Active Member

Re: Hotel Rates for ILMSA meet

I just made reservations at the Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza. I asked for the UIC event rate and was given $129. I mentioned that the meet information says $109, but they found no record of that rate.

She was willing to change the rate if you have anything in writing confirming the $109 rate. Can anyone help me here?

I know that $129 is a decent rate, but when you add $27 per night for parking and 15.40 tax and 3.50 hotel city tax for a three night stay, it gets pretty steep.

Thanks for any help.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

On behalf of Paul:

Mary,

I apologize for the delayed response. In the ensuing months since our bid, the rates of some of our preferred hotels have changed. This is controlled
    by negotiations between our athletic department marketing people and the
    hotel. If you have further questions, let me know.

Paul Moniak
    If you have any further questions, please contact the Meet Director directly as he does not have access to this USMS discussion board.

Very Active Member

Thanks, Carl.

I hope to see you and Paul in April.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

Still room to enter in the 1650 Free (both Thursday & Friday) and the 500 Free.

To clear up any confusion about relays at the state meet, the order of events will strictly be followed. The sanctioned applied for and approved order of events does NOT include the 400 medley relay, the 400 free relay or the 800 free relay. It is also stated on the entry form that no breaks will take place during the meet. As we all know, this meet has gained in popularity over the years, and the meet runs long enough as it is without stopping it for unsanctioned and unplanned events.

Additionally, the host teams’ have the support of the ILMSA President by her recent statements on this matter when she stated
    Quote Originally Posted by NKMD
    Carl, there is always a separate sanction for the relays as a separate event. It is then up to the meet director to place the relays during a break at the meet. That is up to the meet director. The key point is that there was a sanction for the relays.
    Nadine
    The state meet hosts are unanimous in agreement that no additional sanction will be applied for and only the order of events already stated on the entry form and sanctioned will be swum at the ILMSA State Meet.

However, should any group of swimmers wish to swim the 400 medley relay, 400 freestyle relay or the 800 freestyle relay, they may contact the UIC aquatics facility to discuss renting out the facility at normal pool rates, hiring of their officials and supplying of their own timers. The facility will be available only on Sunday, after the State Meet is completely concluded and every race on the order of events has been swum for any such group that wishes to do this.

I am trying the online form, and unfortunately it isn't letting me enter seed times for Sunday. I realize the Wildkit site mentions IE 6 or later , but MS stopped supporting the Mac. I have tried both Safari and Firefox without success.

Anyone else get this problem, and is there a work-around? (If not, guess I'm paying the mail postage tomorrow...)

Very Active Member

Hi, Mark,

There is definitely browser incompatibility with the online registration. I could not use Mozilla Firefox from the PC platform, but was able to use Internet Explorer. I did not try from the MAC platform.

Snail mail is probably your only option unless you have access to Internet Explorer on a PC (the library???).

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

Don't know who else needs a hotel, but Travelzoo.com has some good deals going on if anyone is looking.

Cool Re: ILMSA State meet?

My daughters have made a request that I get a Mohawk for the State meet, it is in my best interst to comply, anyone care to join me?

The 1650 on Thursday night is full. There is still plenty of room left for the 1650 on Friday night.

The 500 Free has currently 63 entries (128 is the max, and then the waiting list kicks in).

The psych sheets are continually updated as we receive entries. They are viewable at: http://www.wildkitaquatics.com/masters/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast