Thread: Cocoa Beach Vacation

Cocoa Beach Vacation

I'm looking to vacation in the Cocoa Beach area over Spring Break (1st week in April) and need a recommendation of a master's team, age group club or local high school where I might find some am workouts. I plan on attending Y-Nats so I'll be starting to taper that week. Any ideas? Thank you.

Re: Cocoa Beach Vacation

Trip was great. Found a pool and swam with an age group team at the Cocoa Beach Country Club. It was the first week of taper and must have worked because I had a couple of lifetime bests and several masters bests at Y-Nats and our state meet. We stayed in a condo complex just south of town. It was nice, clean and everyone was friendly. Visited the Kennedy Space Center and also day tripped it to Universal Studios. Best food was down at the docks - Grill's I think it was called. Very casual and good.

By the way, how come 1,000 people looked at this & did not reply at all?

Can't answer that question but I'm going back this year. No nationals or other swimming events so it'll just be a vacation year. I'll probably check out the same club for a workout or 2 but I'm really looking forward to the Ocean-front views. It's been a long, gray winter and oh so COLD!

Hot springs?

Florida is definitely not my stomping ground, but I have heard that the state has wonderful and swimmable hot springs, many that segue into a river, thence to the sea.... It sounds like something to look into.

(Up to 2,000 views!)

Participating Member

Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene View Post
    Hot springs?

Florida is definitely not my stomping ground, but I have heard that the state has wonderful and swimmable hot springs, many that segue into a river, thence to the sea.... It sounds like something to look into.

(Up to 2,000 views!)
    Most of the springs I am familiar with are actually relatively cool - constant temps around 70-72 degrees. Seemingly warm in the winter, and refreshingly cool in the summer. Real nice to swim in, but usually not very large - most are on the order of a small pond. This is Silver Glen, a larger one that is in the Ocala National Forest:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynyb7kaPFBc"]YouTube - Freediving Silver Glen Spring[/ame]

They do segue in to rivers. Silver Glen, for example, flows to the St. John's River; and the St. John's River is chock full of Alligators. Take a gander at this. Not the kind of place you really want to swim.

If you are down in Central Florida, you want to try Luck's Lake Swim. If interested information is found here and here.

Participating Member

Swim with Space Coast Master's in Indialantic - they were a good group when I was there 10 years ago.