Thread: Where do I go?

Participating Member

Where do I go?

I live in Sandy UT, and am looking to start in a master swim proram to train for my triathlon season. Are there any pools in the Sandy, Draper area that have a program?

Very Active Member

Re: Where do I go?

My favorite song in Hair Where do I go, follow the children.....

Did you look on hte home page here to see if you can locate a pool?

Back is faster than Fly poolraat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you tried the Utah Masters website?
    http://www.utahmasters.org/
    I have entered the snapdragon stage of my life (Part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin ).

Very Active Member Dennis Tesch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry there aren't any programs in the south of the valley. There are a couple good pools that have lap swimming, but none of them have decided that a masters program would be good for their programming schedule. I know the Treehouse Athletic Club has tried to start one and there might be something going there, but the last I heard it had fallen apart because of a lack of coaches. Murray Aquatic Center which is about 15 minutes from Sandy has a small group that practices 2 or 3 times a week. I'm not sure of the times however. You can call them at: 801-284-4200. Good luck!

Participating Member

I coach a group of triathletes at the Life Centre Athletic Club at 9844 S. 1300 E. in Sandy. Ph. 571-7200. It's not an affilitated Master's program, but it does provide what you are looking for. Most members are triathletes who want to become better at the swimming portion of their event. Others are fitness swimmers who want a group to swim with and a coach. I'm an independently contracted coach with over 30 years of experience. The pool is 8 lane 25 yds., bubbled in winter, beautiful outdoors in spring, summer and early fall. Practices are 6 to 7am M,W and Thurs. Happy to help you.

Very Active Member Peter Cruise's Avatar

Well, I must say that I am flabbergasted. The above exchange was an astounding illustration of the utility and magic of these forums.
    Life keeps throwing curve balls; the trick, I'm learning, is to duck...