Thread: Missouri Grand Prix

Blog Entries

Missouri Grand Prix

Eric Shanteau out touches Hansen for the win in the 200 breast! Wow, with the way all of these guys are swimming worlds is going to be awesome!

http://www.csctigersharks.org/realtime/
    "I don't race to see who is the fastest, I race to see who has the most guts."

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

Re: Missouri Grand Prix

And Club Wolverine sweeping 1,2,3 in the 200 Free. Classic! Bowman must be on cloud nine this weekend.

Was a bit surprised about the 200 breast race but I think things will be different next month.

Very Active Member

Those were some great swims, but look at the meet Natalie Coughlin is having. Wow! I can't wait to see her at Worlds!

Blog Entries

There's been tons of great swims! Nathan, is Megan in a heaving training period? I'm guessing she tapers really well because her times seem a little off for her. I'm sure she'll be ready to roll next month. I'd love to see get on the podium!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FlyQueen View Post
    is Megan in a heaving training period?
    Hey, didn't we have a thread about puking during workouts a while back?

Blog Entries

By the way, I hope my post wasn't mean ... I am more wondering if Megan is or was injured. She had such great swims this summer ...

Puking during workouts should be highly encouraged. If you don't puke you didn't work hard enough ... oh, and to hell with technique, too ... just gut through it ... thrash, trash, trash ....

I WAS THERE!!!!

I was there Saturday when Michael Phelps set a new world record in the 200 Fly. It was incredible. He was so far ahead that he swam the last 25 all by himself. Nobody was more surprised than he was when he looked at the scoreboard!
    -

Very Active Member Peter Cruise's Avatar

Just a note that occurred to me: isn't great that we can be such unabashed fans of a sport we love and still participate in it at our own level?

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlyQueen View Post
    There's been tons of great swims! Nathan, is Megan in a heaving training period? I'm guessing she tapers really well because her times seem a little off for her. I'm sure she'll be ready to roll next month. I'd love to see get on the podium!
    Yeah, still training hard. Didn't back off at all for this meet, and we had her in the gym until the day before they left; she got there the day before the meet started. Another bummer is she cut the bottom of her foot, so she's trying to be a little more careful on her starts so she doesn't open it up again (not that that's worth a whole lot of time). And they were working on her stroke count, as in having her hold a certain number of strokes, which I think may be a little detrimental at this point. She swam those 200's in fewer strokes than ever, same with the 100, but the time just isn't translating yet. Good to figure these things out before the big meets though, obviously.
    Of course I'm not saying these are the only reasons for her placings; we have lots of respect for the great swims Tara has had at this point in the season and I doubt she's rested much for this meet either.

Very excited for Worlds
    All of Team USA should have some great swims once tapered.