Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: Attaboy or attagirl: SR NH everyone welcome

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Re: Attaboy or attagirl: SR NH everyone welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Stark View Post
    Another Attagirl for Carol Stark.Carol finished the 6K and 3K Postal Swims.This means she completed all 5 Postal Swims. 6K was a little slower than last year(she got leg cramps at about 3500) but her 3K was 5 min faster.
    Way to go, Seal! Congratulations!!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

You folks rock! All this distance talk!

I swam a 5000 last month, actually 5500, unfortunately it was not a Postal Swim. It should have been. It was a fundraiser for the United Way. I swam 5000 in 1 Hr 50 Min, followed by a 500 cool down. Two hours total. SCM outdoor pool.

Last evening I did the 3000 Postal Swim in 55 minutes. That was 4 minutes faster than last year. SCY indoor pool. I need to register for this Postal now that I have swum it.

Can hardly wait for November. Minnesota Masters Postal Pentathlons here I come! I will do all three. Then onto Davis Aquatic Masters Brute Challenge. I am ready!

No one around where I live are interest in doing these. I am the only one in this area who does them. Sad. On the other hand I get all the bragging rights in the area! WoooHoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Stark View Post
    Another Attagirl for Carol Stark.Carol finished the 6K and 3K Postal Swims.This means she completed all 5 Postal Swims. 6K was a little slower than last year(she got leg cramps at about 3500) but her 3K was 5 min faster.
    Well done, Carol! Anyone who can do all 5 postals including the 10K deserves a big cheer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swimosaur View Post
    Well done, Carol! Anyone who can do all 5 postals including the 10K deserves a big cheer!
    And a
    ..<))><

Blog Entries

Today I swam my first-ever LCM 200 fly. Was it slow? Yes. Was it pretty? Probably not the whole time. But I did it, and probably could have kept going. I guess I'm now ready for Butternuts.

Blog Entries

Excellent job conquering that difficult event, Jet! Long and strong for that butternut swim!
    ..<))><

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem View Post
    Excellent job conquering that difficult event, Jet! Long and strong for that butternut swim!

I'm sure "long and strong" is great advice; but since a picture's worth 1000 words, might as well post your very, very long but strong butternutter swim from not quite two weeks ago. Definitely deserves an attaboy! Those cheers you hear at the end were definitely the loudest for that whole meet. (Hope you don't mind me posting this, coach!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem View Post
    Did it! 500m LCM fly today. Sadly, I forgot to bring a Butternut form with me, but I'll crank out another swim on Friday and be sure to get a witness. Now that I've been there, done that, I would like the t-shirt.

Blog Entries

While I was off gallivanting around in Indianapolis, my teammates went to a local LCM meet. It was the the masters debut of one of them and another's first swim meet ever. They both won their age group high point awards as did another teammate, and the team won our very first team high point trophy!
    "Librarians are hiding something." - Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Did it! 500m LCM fly today. Sadly, I forgot to bring a Butternut form with me, but I'll crank out another swim on Friday and be sure to get a witness. Now that I've been there, done that, I would like the t-shirt.
    WooHOOOO Jethro! Welcome to the club! How did it feel? Did it feel like you could keep going past 500? For me, once I got past 500, I was able to continue by keeping the glides long and slicing my stroke out at the waist, rather than pushing back further towards my thighs. I also kept the kick easy.

Definitely sign up for Butternuts; the t-shirt is cool. I wear mine with pride!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    WooHOOOO Jethro! Welcome to the club! How did it feel? Did it feel like you could keep going past 500? For me, once I got past 500, I was able to continue by keeping the glides long and slicing my stroke out at the waist, rather than pushing back further towards my thighs. I also kept the kick easy.

Definitely sign up for Butternuts; the t-shirt is cool. I wear mine with pride!
    Thanks, Elaine! I took it nice and easy, with just enough kick. I'm sure I could have kept going. Maybe I'll do 1,500m in the near future just for fun.

Blog Entries

Way to go!
    ..<))><

Thanks, Elaine! I took it nice and easy, with just enough kick. I'm sure I could have kept going. Maybe I'll do 1,500m in the near future just for fun.
    Now you're talking my language!

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445