Thread: Open water swim website help needed

Very Active Member FindingMyInnerFish's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Open water swim website help needed

Hi folks,

I've been planning on doing the Great South Bay swim and am still awaiting the info for this year's swim. The menu on the home page shows "2007 swim info" but when I click on it, I just get maps, no info about the race. I tried with Firefox and with IE, same thing, though maybe I should download another browser, such as Netscape, and try again.

Meanwhile, a favor please: could someone please check this site and see if you actually get info? It might be that they just haven't put it up yet and are working on it, but the site's been like that for several days and I haven't had any response to the e-mail I sent to the site. (They have responded in the past, but I do notice it sometimes takes awhile.)

Anyway, here's the site, so if someone can have a look and let me know what you find, I'll be grateful: http://www.greatsouthbayswim.com/

Very Active Member Leonard Jansen's Avatar

Re: Open water swim website help needed

Same thing with the Opera web browser, so I'd assume that the other info is not ready yet. They do have an email contact, so maybe send them a note.

-LBJ
    "Excitable boy" they all said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Jansen View Post
    Same thing with the Opera web browser, so I'd assume that the other info is not ready yet. They do have an email contact, so maybe send them a note.

-LBJ
    Thanks Leonard--So I'm just glad that I'm not missing something due to a browser issue. I have e-mailed them and it takes a while to hear back generally speaking, although they do eventually reply.

Blog Entries

Follow up... Turns out they haven't yet updated, so I didn't miss anything. They'll be setting up entries etc. within a month.