Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: This is How I Avoid My Work

  1. #1
    Very Active Member Seagurl51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,640

    This is How I Avoid My Work

    I just wanted to make a new thread because, you guessed it, I'm avoiding work. YAY! So I thought it might be kinda fun to share different ways we take little mini-mid-day-vaca's from life. Obviously the forums and FB provide endless amounts of entertainment, but what else?

    Any fun websites? Daydreaming (I'm a huge daydreamer....gets me into trouble probably)?

    Post then get back to work!

  2. #2
    Very Active Member dorothyrde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Mahomet Il
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Seagurl51 View Post
    I just wanted to make a new thread because, you guessed it, I'm avoiding work. YAY! So I thought it might be kinda fun to share different ways we take little mini-mid-day-vaca's from life. Obviously the forums and FB provide endless amounts of entertainment, but what else?

    Any fun websites? Daydreaming (I'm a huge daydreamer....gets me into trouble probably)?

    Post then get back to work!

    This is blocked at work

  3. #3
    Very Fetching Rump SwimStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Out East...in the pool
    Posts
    5,309
    Blog Entries
    429

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I can't believe you guys have time for this at work...

    *ahem*



    .

  4. #4
    Very Active Member dorothyrde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Mahomet Il
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I can't it comes up with a message of chats and sexual content cannot be viewed at work. It makes me guilty for even attempting to see if the block is down(which sometimes it is, hehe).

  5. #5
    Back is faster than Fly poolraat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newe Sogobia (Elko, NV)
    Posts
    1,451
    Blog Entries
    1120

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I called in sick one afternoon to go fishing. Hey, what can I say. It was a beautiful spring day after a long, cold, dreary winter.
    I have entered the snapdragon stage of my life (Part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin ).

  6. #6
    Very Active Member Seagurl51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,640

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat View Post
    I called in sick one afternoon to go fishing. Hey, what can I say. It was a beautiful spring day after a long, cold, dreary winter.
    I called in once to go snowboarding then when I was sore the next day I played it off as body aches from the illness. And I've skipped school to go boarding too....best day ever. Sun, no crowds, 6 inches of fresh powder....it was amazing.

  7. #7
    Very Active Member blainesapprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Albany/Pine Bush, NY
    Posts
    566
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow, and I can't stop checking away messages, coming on here, checking all my e-mail accounts, facebook and myspace. It's a horrible habit.
    Nothing to it but to do it

  8. #8
    Very Active Member Slowswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Heidelberg Germany
    Posts
    1,043

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I have been going to the doctor for my shoulder so I schedule it at 1 pm so with the hour drive, visit time, I just don't have time to get back to work.

    Bad news no real shoulder problem so no more Doctor visits.

    No wait that's good news!!!
    </IMG></IMG>
    I keep telling my coaches, "I am a sprinter" and "they keep saying you swim short races, but that is not the same thing." - Some Girl

  9. #9
    Very Active Member Got Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pueblo CO
    Posts
    109

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    I am avooiding work now doing this. The nice thing about having your own business is you can install all sort of time killing programs on your computer. Thank God for computer illiterate mircomanaging uncles
    Got Boost
    And now my friend, the first rule of Itialian driving, whats behind me is not important.
    Franco, The Gumball Rally

  10. #10
    Very Active Member imspoiled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    486

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    Quote Originally Posted by blainesapprentice View Post
    I have a HUGE paper due tomorrow, and I can't stop checking away messages, coming on here, checking all my e-mail accounts, facebook and myspace. It's a horrible habit.
    Morgan--try procrastinating until about 8 PM, then consuming a few Monkey LaLas. That was my recipe for a getting past serious writers block and churning out a killer paper. Seems the Monkey La las help to free the mind so the BS (not-breaststroke) flows freely. Add a few resource cites & you're golden!

    Good luck-
    Dana

    P.S. Work is what I do to pay for swimming (and shoes). If anyone tried to research the amount they pay me vs. the ACTUAL amount of time I spend doing actual work at work (instead of reading the news, my horoscope, forums, etc)... well, let's just hope that idea never occurs to TPTB.
    Twizzlers will be the ruin of Western society... or, at the very least, my waistline.

  11. #11
    Very Fetching Rump SwimStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Out East...in the pool
    Posts
    5,309
    Blog Entries
    429

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    Quote Originally Posted by imspoiled View Post
    Morgan--try procrastinating until about 8 PM, then consuming a few Monkey LaLas. That was my recipe for a getting past serious writers block and churning out a killer paper. Seems the Monkey La las help to free the mind so the BS (not-breaststroke) flows freely. Add a few resource cites & you're golden!

    Good luck-
    Dana

    P.S. Work is what I do to pay for swimming (and shoes). If anyone tried to research the amount they pay me vs. the ACTUAL amount of time I spend doing actual work at work (instead of reading the news, my horoscope, forums, etc)... well, let's just hope that idea never occurs to TPTB.
    I want to be Dana...



    .

  12. #12
    Very Active Member 3strokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,542

    Re: This is How I Avoid My Work

    dorothyrde;89112
    I can't, it comes up with a message of chats and sexual content cannot be viewed at work.
    You mean this happens when you try to access any external site or only USMS.org? (of course, when the word "pole" appears so often, this could cause a filter to block access).

    Where I work (a Travel Agency) I can't block anybody from surfing (I could; I'm the IT-man but I won't. They have to go out to access Airlines, Hotels, Cars, Vacation Packages, Country Info, etc...
    ..... Where, Oh, where did I last see my swimming suit? Oh well!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •