Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

  1. #1
    Very Active Member Hugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    353

    6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    The Championship Committee has decided that the 6th event will be allowed and that the 1000 and 1650 will be swum with men and women seeded separately.
    Hugh Moore

  2. #2
    Very Active Member Muppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    The Championship Committee has decided that the 6th event will be allowed and that the 1000 and 1650 will be swum with men and women seeded separately.
    YAY!
    Except I wanted to draft off Mrs. Pipes-Nielsen in the 1650.

    Thanks, Hugh!
    man up, buttercup!

  3. #3
    Bigger than a breadbox mattson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    Except I wanted to draft off Mrs. Pipes-Nielsen in the 1650.
    But that requires being fast enough to stay in a position where you can draft from her. For some reason, it reminds me of some dialogue from "Dune":
    "Many men have tried."
    "They tried and failed?"
    "They tried and died."

  4. #4
    Very Active Member jim clemmons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    1,658

    Re: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
    YAY!
    Except I wanted to draft off Mrs. Pipes-Nielsen in the 1650.

    Thanks, Hugh!
    But Jeff, don't you have to enter the 1650 first?
    Jim

  5. #5
    Very Active Member Muppet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    Quote Originally Posted by jim clemmons View Post
    But Jeff, don't you have to enter the 1650 first?
    of course
    man up, buttercup!

  6. #6
    Very Active Member swimmieAvsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    480

    Re: 6th Event and Distance Seeding in Federal Way

    Quote Originally Posted by mattson View Post
    But that requires being fast enough to stay in a position where you can draft from her. For some reason, it reminds me of some dialogue from "Dune":
    "Many men have tried."
    "They tried and failed?"
    "They tried and died."
    yay dune! you need to head over to the movie recommendation thread and weigh in

    Mollie Grover
    Potomac Valley Top Ten Recorder
    USMS Rules Committee Co-Vice Chair

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •