Thread: Is Cookie Monster All Gone?

Blog Entries

Is Cookie Monster All Gone?

My son told me that Cookie Monster had been ousted from Sesame Street because he was promoting childhood obesity. He apparently is replaced by a rice cake? Can anyone confirm?

Re: Is Cookie Monster All Gone?

I googled 'urban legend cookie monster' and came up with this from snopes.com:

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/veggie.asp

I can sleep a little better tonight knowing that the world has not gone completely insane.
    "...it is but well to be on friendly terms with all the inmates of the place one lodges in."
    Melville, Moby Dick

Very Active Member FindingMyInnerFish's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A world without a cookie monster? Thankfully Snopes tells us he's merely eating cookies in moderation, not giving them up... but somehow doesn't that kind of undercut the "monster" part? Where are the extremes of yesteryear? The monstrous noshing on the chocolateyest chocolate chips, the most buttery of the butter cookies... Somehow the "Cookie in Moderation Monster" sounds too... well... tame. (Only because I dig new smileys...)

Oh...
    Thank God, my daughter is saved!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FindingMyInnerFish View Post
    A world without a cookie monster? Thankfully Snopes tells us he's merely eating cookies in moderation, not giving them up... but somehow doesn't that kind of undercut the "monster" part? Where are the extremes of yesteryear? The monstrous noshing on the chocolateyest chocolate chips, the most buttery of the butter cookies... Somehow the "Cookie in Moderation Monster" sounds too... well... tame. (Only because I dig new smileys...)
    Exactly! My son clarified and said that he saw a "Monster" eating rice cakes and that he refused to call it the "Cookie Monster." He calls it "Rice Cake Monster." Ugh. No one likes Rice Cakes Monster.

Besides, Rich told me if we don't eat fat, we'll get fat because our bodies will cling to the pre-existing fat we have. So we should eat cookies.

This is the epitome of p.c. gone wrong!! OMG You really had me scared. My girls LOVED the Cookie Monster when they were little. I used to do imitations of him and they would howl! Good memories!
    My goal is to die young as late as possible!

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

I love Cookie Monster. He's the only one with the googly eyes. He and Grover have the best lines.
    "...it is but well to be on friendly terms with all the inmates of the place one lodges in."
    Melville, Moby Dick

Back is faster than Fly poolraat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swimr4life View Post
    This is the epitome of p.c. gone wrong!! OMG You really had me scared. My girls LOVED the Cookie Monster when they were little. I used to do imitations of him and they would howl! Good memories!

I love Cookie Monster. And I'm not so little. I also love Tigger!
    I have entered the snapdragon stage of my life (Part of me has snapped and the rest of me is draggin ).

Very Active Member swimmieAvsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ensignada View Post
    I love Cookie Monster. He's the only one with the googly eyes. He and Grover have the best lines.
    yay! someone else out there who appreciates Grover!

near.... far....

Mollie Grover
    Potomac Valley Top Ten Recorder
    USMS Rules Committee Co-Vice Chair

We haven't watched Sesame Street since last year when Grover was blown away in a Wind Storm (during Hurricane season in Florida, not good timing) and scared my daughter to death!
    </IMG>
    I keep telling my coaches, "I am a sprinter" and "they keep saying you swim short races, but that is not the same thing." - Some Girl

I like Elmo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress View Post
    My son clarified and said that he saw a "Monster" eating rice cakes and that he refused to call it the "Cookie Monster." He calls it "Rice Cake Monster." Ugh. No one likes Rice Cakes Monster.
    The guy has eaten a table and a brick wall, and you are concerned about him eating a rice cake?

Blog Entries

Can't Sesame Street just explain to the kiddies that Cookie Monster has a specialized digestive system that can process the fat in cookies better than ours? Heck, I bet even trans fat doesn't faze him!

My favorite was always Oscar the Grouch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    Can't Sesame Street just explain to the kiddies that Cookie Monster has a specialized digestive system that can process the fat in cookies better than ours? Heck, I bet even trans fat doesn't faze him!

My favorite was always Oscar the Grouch.

Well his cookies doen't contain and TF's maybe some rather odd herbs etc judging by the way he seems to get the munchies