Thread: Burger King sued over Trans Fats

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

Re: Burger King sued over Trans Fats

How absurd. This nutrition advocacy group could do the citizens of the US much more benefit by educating them as opposed to suing a fast food chain (A lawsuit that is likely to fail IMHO). I have also heard on a few occassions that the oils that are replacing the trans fats are not really any healthier for us...Dr. Dean has commented about this for sure.

I hope the judge tells the advocacy group counsel to get the hell out of his/her courtroom. I would.

Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler View Post
    How absurd. This nutrition advocacy group could do the citizens of the US much more benefit by educating them as opposed to suing a fast food chain (A lawsuit that is likely to fail IMHO). I have also heard on a few occassions that the oils that are replacing the trans fats are not really any healthier for us...Dr. Dean has commented about this for sure.

I hope the judge tells the advocacy group counsel to get the hell out of his/her courtroom. I would.
    Yep....they need to start countersuing for frivolous lawsuits. IMHO I believe the person filing a silly lawsuit that is thrown out of court should have to pay the legal fees of the person they are suing!!
    My goal is to die young as late as possible!

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swimr4life View Post
    Yep....they need to start countersuing for frivolous lawsuits. IMHO I believe the person filing a silly lawsuit that is thrown out of court should have to pay the legal fees of the person they are suing!!
    I'm all for that. If they can't pay the fine then they can do some jail time. Spend a few months in the county jail just for good measure.

Blog Entries

The best part was this quote - "Consumers have no way to guard against the risk of consumer trans fats."

Um, they could always choose to eat at healthy restaurants or choose to eat healthy foods.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aquageek View Post
    The best part was this quote - "Consumers have no way to guard against the risk of consumer trans fats."

Um, they could always choose to eat at healthy restaurants or choose to eat healthy foods.
    and accept responsibility for one's actions? Please...we can't have have that...it runs against the very fabric of today's society...

Blog Entries

Now, I must explain my rule about "Common Sense"......

There is no such thing as "Common Sense"!!!!! As the name "Common" implies, it means.....well......common.....thus everybody should have it!!!! And we all know what the truth of that is!!!!!!

So, in closing, it should heretofore be referred to as "Uncommon Sense"

Questions? Comments? Snide Remarks?
    "Your body will go places your mind never thought it would go, as long as you are mentally tough enough to push it, drag it or carry it there." Tracy A. Burkholder

"If it is to be......it is up to me!" Author unknown.... got it off the wall at Westminster School in Atlanta.

Breaststroke - For the swimmer who finds the other strokes too easy!!!!!!

Very Active Pirate Blackbeard's Peg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler View Post
    I have also heard on a few occassions that the oils that are replacing the trans fats are not really any healthier for us...Dr. Dean has commented about this for sure.
    To comment on this, and touch on the many posts about educating consumers, the ZTF conversion is one of the biggest topics in foodservice right now. Most places have already converted to a ZTF frying oil, and if you look across the country, the prices should be about the same for the different oil.

However, the biggest compliance issues are at the operator level. A ZTF frying oil is only as good as the products put in. Putting in a high trans-fat content product into the fryer, even for a few seconds, will taint your oil, and thus everything else that goes into it.

I would tend to belive that this happens more often than not, thus creating a false sense of healthiness among consumers, but as more and more companies get rid of the transfats in their products, and more and more operators are more careful about their fryers, that should start to change.

Personally, I think this whole thing, while a great thing, is very big brother.
    Why do we always run out of rum?