Thread: MONTANA!!

Participating Member

MONTANA!!

Hey all,

Sittin here from Sidney, Montana dont know if anybody else is from around here but im lookin for people! so hit me up! i swim summer time not all year round kinda bummed about it but still! see ya'll later

Participating Member Jennifer Masquelier's Avatar

Smile Re: MONTANA!!

I am the one of the swim coaches for the Bozeman Masters Swim Club. I know we are not located mear you but we do hold several long distance swim events throughout the year. Our first is coming up in November. You can check out our program at bozemanmasters.com. Also the State Masters Meet in in Missoula this year sometime in march. We are hoping to host one in February and Helena is considering hosting a meet in January. If any of this appeals to you please let me know and I will contact you with any information we have on Masters events throughout the year. Jen

Blog Entries

Re: MONTANA!!

Hey, I know this is long range planning, but I'm going to be in Kalispell/Big Fork area next summer right before Master's Nationals and need to keep my training up. While long swims in Flathead Lake would be nice, I really need some pool time ... ideally long course.

Are there any 50M pools in the general Flathead Valley area?

If so, any Master's teams up in that neck of the woods?

Very Active Member david.margrave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My information may be out of date, but I remember Kalispell having a 25m outdoor pool and 25 yard indoor pool. The only 50m pools I remember in the state were in Missoula, Helena, Butte, and indoors in Bozeman.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I guess I'll supplement the short pool swimming with some open water work in Flathead Lake.

Very Active Member david.margrave's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Whitefish lake is also an option.

Blog Entries

For sure, though I think Whitefish is even colder. Unfortunately, LCM Nats in Indy just aren't going to work with family plans. I am, however, going to try to convince the family to head over to Sandpoint, ID for the Lonbg Bridge Swim on August 1st (http://sandpoint.org/longbridgeswim/). I did that a few summers ago when it was a USMS event and really loved it.