Thread: Pete Wilson dead at 62

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

Pete Wilson dead at 62

Any Pete Wilson KGO 810 fans here? Unfortunately he passed away on Friday afternoon after a hip replacement surgery at Stanford University. Without question he was one of my favorite radio talk show hosts.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ios&id=3282055

Very Active Member FindingMyInnerFish's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Pete Wilson dead at 62

Though not familiar with his talk show, when I read that he died during hip replacement surgery, I felt for his family--my mom passed away during what was supposed to be minor surgery a few years ago. We'd thought she'd emerge from that surgery and leave the hospital that very day. I can imagine his family would have thought they'd see him through his recovery and weren't prepared for this. Prayers for all concerned!

Blog Entries

That's tragic...sorry to hear about your loss in that fashion FMIF...

Very Active Member FindingMyInnerFish's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud View Post
    That's tragic...sorry to hear about your loss in that fashion FMIF...
    Thanks so much, Rich! One thing I will say... she used to tell me she wanted to go in her sleep, and in that respect I have to think it was the least painful way for her to go. And often I feel her presence still, even three years later.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingMyInnerFish View Post
    Though not familiar with his talk show, when I read that he died during hip replacement surgery, I felt for his family--my mom passed away during what was supposed to be minor surgery a few years ago. We'd thought she'd emerge from that surgery and leave the hospital that very day. I can imagine his family would have thought they'd see him through his recovery and weren't prepared for this. Prayers for all concerned!
    Same happened to my Father-in-law. Went in for elective Knee surgery so he could bowl better. I saw him in the ER. He was still so drugged that he didn't know where he was and was scared. Went back to sleep and never woke again.

Its a double slam because you think life will be better.
    I keep telling my coaches, "I am a sprinter" and "they keep saying you swim short races, but that is not the same thing." - Some Girl