Thread: Possible New Masters Workout Group! (Quincy, MA)

Possible New Masters Workout Group! (Quincy, MA)

So, I've been talking to people again and it looks like they are going to finally try to start a Master's workout group again at the South Shore Y in Quincy. It's not official yet. It looks like it will be a coached morning workout (I recommended 5:30-6:30 since they were looking for time when the pool is quieter but who knows what will really happen) two or three weekdays a week. While they sounded convinced that they are going to do it at some point, I feel they need encouragement to actually put it together for the fall rather than the winter (or later).

If you are interested, please send a comment of interest to someone at the South Shore YMCA. I believe there is an entire list of contacts on the website at ssymca.org.

THANKS!

Blog Entries

Re: Possible New Masters Workout Group! (Quincy, MA)

So what about this Masters Team? Seems to be one per the website. I am looking to get into a Masters program in the area - I live in Dedham so this is not that far, I think

Thanks for any advise

John

Quote Originally Posted by goodwinjf View Post
    So what about this Masters Team? Seems to be one per the website. I am looking to get into a Masters program in the area - I live in Dedham so this is not that far, I think

Thanks for any advise

John
    I hope you get that group going in Quincy. I used to swim with a group at the Dedham High pool, when we visited my wife's family. I think they went four nights a week. Wonder if they are still practicing. Check in on the New England Masters site.
    Brian Stack
    Head Coach
    Manatee Masters
    Oakland CA

Blog Entries

Thanks Brian. There is a triathlete group that works out in Dedham that I am looking into. The other group seems to have disbanded

The Quincy Y will be starting a Masters Team in the Fall. Stephanie Higgins is the Aquatics Director there. Mon/Wed 11:00 lunchtime work outs are being planned initially

John