Thread: Tattoos on Swimmers

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Tattoos on Swimmers

What:
    Where:
    Why:
    Tell us about yours

I don't have any, well I have a dot on my right palm where I stabbed myself with a pen.
    Honestly I'm working on a song about tattoos on women.
    Last edited by ande; August 30th, 2007 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Tattoos on Swimmers

Quote Originally Posted by ande View Post
    What:
    Where:
    Why:
    Tell us about yours
    You first!

Very Active Member scyfreestyler's Avatar

I would not put graffiti on my car or my house, I'm not going to put it on my body either.

Quote Originally Posted by ande View Post
    What:
    Where:
    Why:
    Tell us about yours

I don't have any, well I have a dot on my right palm where I stabbed myself with a pen.
    Honestly I'm working on a song about tattoos on women.

Thats funny, I have a dot on my knee where I stabbed myself with a pencil a hundred years ago. It's bluish-grey. Is your dot colored, or just a scar?

CreamPuff

None. And I'm glad. They are out right now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scyfreestyler View Post
    I would not put graffiti on my car or my house, I'm not going to put it on my body either.
    Yeah, but do you hang art of any kind on the walls of your house? To many people tattoos are more analogous to artwork than to graffiti. I think having a large percentage of your body covered by tattoos is a little excessive, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

I have a small spartan head logo on my right ankle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    Yeah, but do you hang art of any kind on the walls of your house? To many people tattoos are more analogous to artwork than to graffiti. I think having a large percentage of your body covered by tattoos is a little excessive, but, hey, whatever floats your boat.

I have a small spartan head logo on my right ankle.
    lol saw 300 did you?

I don't have any, yet. Some folks consider graffiti art too...

None yet. To me they're like baggy pants with underwear showing.

Definitely don't like them on women (even the tramp stamp).

Yes to scars. I earned them I didn't get them.
    </IMG>
    I keep telling my coaches, "I am a sprinter" and "they keep saying you swim short races, but that is not the same thing." - Some Girl

Hey Ande

I have a Tribal armband on my right bicep with 4 Chinese symbols worked into the piece. They are symbols for myself. I have had this tattoo for about 5 years. How ironic that you make this thread because tomorrow I am getting another tattoo on my other arm, same concept, but the symbols are for my wife and two sons.

let me know if you want pictures.

Jim

No tattoos. I don't like them on men or women. A (female) friend of mine has several "artistic" ones: to each his/her own. I will say, I've never seen one on a woman over 50 that looks good (and I saw plenty at the pool this summer).
    "...it is but well to be on friendly terms with all the inmates of the place one lodges in."
    Melville, Moby Dick

Very Active Member

Don't forget John Smith with the scruffy cow with horns. For some school he attended, I guess...
    Mel Dyck
    • Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Very Active Pirate Blackbeard's Peg's Avatar

I've got zero, but am fascinated by tattoos. As with graffiti, I think they're an art form. If I ever got anything, it would likely be something NW indian totem pole related. I hate museums, but could lose days going through a place w/ that kind of stuff. Anthony Ervin's arms looked pretty sweet.
    Why do we always run out of rum?

Very Active Member FindingMyInnerFish's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They're not for me because....

1. It hurts to get them (from what I hear, no personal experience).
    2. Once you have one, you're pretty much stuck with it (sure, you can have them removed, but that too is a painful process and not always effective), so you have to be absolutely sure it's something you want to live with for years, possibly the rest of your life.

I have no problem with them on others, and some running and swimming friends have gotten ones that are cool looking and not over the top. But this doesn't make me want to run right out and get one myself. (See above.) I don't care for the covered with tattoos look. I once saw a woman with so many it looked as if she was wearing textured stockings. And my reaction: OUCH! That HAD to HURT!

Just MHO, if someone's considering getting one, there are those henna "tattoos" that wash off, so you can always get rid of them if you decide you don't like them. But even those don't interest me.

Scars? Yes. Tattoos? No. Although I secretly think some are pretty cool.

Very Active Member blainesapprentice's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't have any either--I don't think I ever will--too afraid of what it will look like when im older and such...Our diver has a really cool one though...it's on his upper back and it's in a really pale blue ink---starting on the far left of his back is a man facing the center (that kinda looks like those wooden models that artists use to see different poses and stuff) jumping up (as if off a board) then a few inches in to the right is a man in the tuck position in the "air", a little further to the right is another man, flipping in the tuck position in the "air" from the other direction, then finally on the far right is another man standing on the ground facing the center--and it looks as though that person has either just landed a double flip dive, or that that person and the other person are doing a synchronized flip dive. It's pretty sweet--if I was in like the top 5 divers in the country I'd probably have that too..
    Nothing to it but to do it

I have a small rose in bloom on my ankle. Got it ten years ago on the last night of a vacation in Florida. My husband said he would get a belly ring if I got a tatoo. He thought I'd chicken out. As it turned out, the guy who did the piercings was off, so Mr. Spoiled never held up his end!

I'm not a big fan of head-to-toe body art, but everything about my experiece was fun, so I wouldn't rule out doing it again. It's been ten years though, so obviously there hasn't been a compelling reason to add a new one.

The one I have is enough to surprise people--most who know me are shocked the first time they see it (It's very discrete and hardly visible through dark stockings). Aparently, I give the impression of being too conservative for a tatoo.

Dana
    Twizzlers will be the ruin of Western society... or, at the very least, my waistline.

The military still does very formal events and formal ball.

My wife and I arrived for one and the 20 something ladies were very nice in their gowns until you saw the tattoo's! Somehow they just looked like shabby. Too bad for such an expensive gown, shoes, hair, and event.
    I keep telling my coaches, "I am a sprinter" and "they keep saying you swim short races, but that is not the same thing." - Some Girl

it was the summer of 1977. at "Tiger Jimmy's", just off the strip in San Diego. i was about 4 weeks out of Navy boot camp. it is a mature male lions head superimposed on a flaming sun, inside my right forearm (its roughly 2.5" in diameter). even though it has faded a lot, you can still easily tell what it is. at the time i liked it, thought it was cool, and figgered if i was going to be a sailor i may as well be a tattooed one. yes, i am a Leo. i think it cost me $35, which at the time i thought was pretty steep.

i still like it. have never regretted it.

i used to get a thrill out of the surprised looks folks would have when i was younger. especially store/register clerks. it is not all that noticeable, but when i reach out my arm to pay (etc.) it sort of jumps out at you. that does not happen so much anymore, no doubt due to both the current popularity of tattoos and card swipe pay stations.

some folks still ask to see it. i need to hold my arm out to be able to get a good look at it. i tell folks "that is where i'd rather be... a lion (lyin') in the sun." :"> (what can i say... i like cornball humor.)

even though i wear short sleeves most of the time (so it should be in clear view), i'm surprised at the number of folks who've known me for a while and never notice it.

don't forget Lydia the Tattooed Lady

Fugio, ergo sum.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hey Ande

I have a Tribal armband on my right bicep with 4 Chinese symbols worked into the piece. They are symbols for myself. I have had this tattoo for about 5 years. How ironic that you make this thread because tomorrow I am getting another tattoo on my other arm, same concept, but the symbols are for my wife and two sons.

let me know if you want pictures.

Jim

got my new tattoo today and am so glad i did it. i love the fact that anywhere I go, i have a piece of my family with me at all times.

I have a small one on my hip you can't see unless I chose to show you or you catch me changing. I love it. It means a lot to me and helps to keep me grounded and remind me of what's important.

I plan on getting two more small ones that are also easily hidden, I dont' know if you'll be able to see any of them even with my swimsuit on. People don't even know I have a tattoo unless I tell them, and I like that. I don't mind showing mine off if you ask, but I like having the option of hiding.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast