Thread: Any advice

Participating Member wolfie1961's Avatar

Any advice

I'm an old swimmer/water polo player from a long time ago. I haven't swam competitvely or played for about 18 years. I'm 45 and quite a bit overweight. I want to get back into swimming to get back into shape. Is there a masters program for an old, fat, out of shape swimmer/polo player here in Utah?

Re: Any advice

Quote Originally Posted by wolfie1961 View Post
    Is there a masters program for an old, fat, out of shape swimmer/polo player here in Utah?
    I donít know about Utah, however except for the WP you have described a number of us masters swimmers and we are welcomed in programs throughout the country.

Have you checked into Utah Masters ( www.utahmasters.org )?

Participating Member wolfie1961's Avatar

I have now. Thanks for the reply.

Participating Member

Hope this helps;
    Murray rec center has a pick-up game of water polo every wed at 8. Usually 14 people show up. Cottonwood heights has the same thing during the summer and I think there is something going on in West Valley.

Hello,

I am new to this forum (I just found it today). I am in a similar situation as wolfie1961, I played water polo and swam in high school and am now a little out of shape but would like to get back into it.

Are the pick-up games still going on in Murray and Cottonwood Heights? (I realize this was an old post...)

I saw on the Utah Masters site that there is Water Polo going on in West Valley too, does anyone know anything about those practices/scrimmages?

Thanks!

Very Active Member

This is a piece of advice my first Grade teacher told me: Never put your shoes on the wrong feet.