Thread: Hello - new here

Hello - new here

This is my first post here - I have been reading a lot of the different discussions and they are very interesting.
    I now live in Iowa and previously in IL where I swam with the Joliet YMCA team - a very active team at the time. Currently I have been swimming on my own - no buddies and no team and it has been tough to stay motivated. So I am "getting motivated" by coming here and reading about all the things everyone is doing. I hope to compete again soon. So ....kick my own b... and get in gear...right?
    Well, I had better do some more "motivating" - Heidi
    Heidi

Very Active Member Bert Petersen's Avatar

Well welcome !!

Lot of us out here slugging along on our own for whatever reason(s).

This is a good place to talk and be heard. Sometimes we even talk to each other !

Keep on truckin' !!
    Bert ~~~^o^~~~

Heidi

As an ex-Iowan (Waterloo and Ames), I know there are a number of masters programs in the state. Have you looked at the USMS places to swim to try to locate a program near by?

You could also check the Iowa Masters web site http://www.iowamasters.org/ for club locations.

Participating Member
    Thanks for that link. I was able to find the Milky Way Masters site, but the information is VERY out of date. I had been trying to find a different way to get information, and perhaps that Iowa Masters link will prove just the information I needed!

And if you canít find what you need from the web site, there are some area contacts listed on the USMS web site under: http://www.usms.org/lmsc/lmscinfoform.php?LMSCID=40

Click on LMSC Officers.

Participating Member
    Thanks for that site as well. I was able to find someone on the board who was from CR and I emailed him my question. You were very helpful. Thanks much!