PDA

View Full Version : Question about training???

Jhender
March 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
My question is how much should I be training? I just got back in the water Jan 2nd and swam some ok time but is swimming 6 times a week too much? I'm a sprinter and wonder if I'm doing too much??

Rykno
March 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM
it really depends on you and your goals.

we had a guy swim with us for 2-3 months in the fall. he swam about 10 times from june 2008 until sept 2008 and then swam twice a week with us sept - nov, he was a sprinter and was able to swim 23.14 in the 50 SCM free.

I started back swimming only twice a week, and now I am up to 3x times a week, and so far I have been reaching all of my goals. This summer I will increase my swimming to 4x a week for the Open water season and I am hoping to be able to keep that 4th time in the fall, since I plan on swimming at the Masters Worlds in Sweden aug 2010 and don't want to embarass myself.

Jhender
March 9th, 2009, 11:10 PM
My goal are high. I want to go to Nationals but it's in Fresno CA not too desirable destination. Thanks for the tips I'm going 6 times a week and feeling pretty good however I'm worn out ans can't wait to taper for a meet later this month! GOOD LUCK!!:)