PDA

View Full Version : Rochester Area Masters Swimming anyone?

frankiej
May 30th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Does anyone here swim with the Rochester Area Masters Swimming (http://www.ramsh2o.org/) club?

How is it?

matysekj
May 31st, 2009, 12:07 AM
Swam with them for many years before moving out of state. It's a great team with a great coach. In the summertime, the official workouts may not have as many swimmers attending because a lot of people swim either at lunch time or at4:30(?) during the open lap swim times at the Genesee Valley Park pool.

frankiej
June 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Interesting... I was thinking about joining a masters program to get a bit better.

I go SUNY Borckport so I figured it'd be cool to join up with one even though I may not be up to snuff with all the others.
Thanks a lot!

pickedaname
August 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
The Eastside Y in Penfield offers masters training tues & thursday 7:30-9:30pm and Sunday 6:00-8:00pm.
SO HARD to wind down that late by the time you get home but it's been worth it to me. I'm the only one I know of attending that's interested in short distance competition. The rest are open water/triathlon swimmers.

pickedaname
June 4th, 2010, 11:28 PM
fyi the hours have been backed down an hour 6:30-8:30 on t/th

stillswimmin
July 27th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Do you need to be a member of the Y to practice with them?

rlee
October 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Just a final reminder that entries for the RIT Masters meet on November 7th must be received by November 1st. No individual deck entries are allowed at that meet (RIT Meet Info page).

rlee
November 7th, 2010, 05:20 AM
anyone going today? Going to be a long drive.... But I hope to do good.

rlee
November 8th, 2010, 07:59 PM
The swim meet was ok:) I was told by a official that I need to learn how to swim. I was so hurt by that. I am trying my hardest. I am new. I don't have a coach. I go to swim meets to learn. I met some more sweet people:)
The college kids were so sweet!!! They did a fantastic job!!!!! It was so wonderful that they told us about Stacy Moor. She was for sure a beautiful remarkable lady. Thank you (Stacy's)Dad for coming to the meet. For sure Stacy memory holds in my heart when I swim. Thank you so much for having the meet and I hope I have the courage to come back next year to let the official know that I indeed know how to swim.

Beards247
November 8th, 2010, 10:01 PM
It's amazing how different some people's mentalities are... for someone to say you need to learn how to swim is, to me, is absurd. If you swam a lap, you know how to swim.

If that person is basing their opinion on the fact you have more to learn or practice - join the freakin club. Even the elite athletes of swimming learn, and change their strokes while honing their abilities.

So, in my humble opinion - you know how to swim! But, enjoy and appreciate learning the finer points of swimming : )

rlee
November 9th, 2010, 07:36 AM
It's amazing how different some people's mentalities are... for someone to say you need to learn how to swim is, to me, is absurd. If you swam a lap, you know how to swim.

If that person is basing their opinion on the fact you have more to learn or practice - join the freakin club. Even the elite athletes of swimming learn, and change their strokes while honing their abilities.

So, in my humble opinion - you know how to swim! But, enjoy and appreciate learning the finer points of swimming : )

Yes I hope to come again:) That is how I feel. I do have a lot to learn:) That is why I go to the swim meets. And also meet sweet people:)