View Full Version : 2010 SUNBELT CANCELLED for sat

January 30th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I called the pool staff (704-336-3483) and Saturday is cancelled due to ice.

Sunday still pending.

I only registered for 50 and 200 free which is on Sat, so unless they can get me in a 100 free which I did not register, or if they can squeeze some of Saturdays events in to Sunday, then I'm out of luck.

January 30th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Bummer!!! I have six members of my team going to the Sunbelt they left yesterday from New Bern, I hope they can swim tomorrow, my best to you I hope you can swim tomorrow too, if you see my team TRYM from New Bern talk to them,they are awesome people. I am new to the team I just start swimming in October so I don't have any body's cell numbers. SWIM FAST. Rita

January 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Sunday is canceled too - there's a note on the NC Masters website:

The entire January 30th and 31st meet is cancelled, the staff of the pool thinks this is best for all due to the weather. Jerry Clark will email swimmers who have registered with more details.

Rescheduled for 2 weeks from now.

January 31st, 2010, 08:17 AM
Got a room at the Hampton Inn for Feb 13 and 14:)

At least this gives me more time to practice block starts.

February 2nd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Hey Rita, I am in Havelock but I do not swim for the New Bern team although I have checked into it. I finally have found a swim partner so I am not a lone wolf anymore.

Steve- I will be there in Feb as well as long as it gets approved (crossing fingers). I too welcome a couple more weeks of practice. GOOD LUCK!!