PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Sample

Beards247
August 11th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Hey folks -

I read in one of the other posts that people are talking about fall meets. I made a rough schema for my own purposes, though you may find some use for it too. This is only a sample of when meets have happened in the past, not a calendar of future events.

Rough Meet Schedule (http://www.niagaramasters.org/schedulesample.php)

If you are wondering why I am doing this, I am trying to think of a better way to present our calendar instead of scrolling, scrolling, scrolling down a page - which does not make sense to me. Neither does having results separate. I'll post samples for critique once I have something more presentable.

Chris

ArtShark
August 11th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Thanks Chris. An easy to read, inclusive, yearly projected calander to use for planning your competition schedule would be great. I would like it to include all of the Nigara District meets. It seems like most of the meets I read about are in the Buffalo area. Surely there must be more meets elsewhere? I could be wrong about that though since I am new to Masters Swimming. Seems like Nickel City has a couple, Ithica has one, Syracuse one, Binghampton one? I gather that from looking at the results page on the web site. I know that the different clubs don't want to have meets the same general time and that makes sense. You also have to work in the zones and nationals so you don't want to compete with them either.

Did the Niagara District ever have a series? Like where you swim in each of the clubs event's (Nickel City, Bums, Syracuse, Rochester, ? ) for a total of points for example? In Running they have them in Buffalo and Rochester for sure, don't know about the other cities. The winners in each age group could get a trophy or something. It would encourage people to support each others club events which I understand are used for fund raising. Well just a thought. I wonder how the others here think of the idea of a series?

Dana Gianniny
August 11th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Art,

The Canandaigua masters team also hosts meets. They host one every February in their pool, then every July they host an open water swim in Canandaigua Lake. I know you mentioned you aren't too interested in open water swimming, but if you ever wanted to do an open water swim it would be a good one to try.

In regards to their meet held each February, they have a really nice 8 lane pool with a separate warm down area (diving well) and they are a great group of people.

Dana Woody

ArtShark
August 12th, 2003, 03:12 PM
I knew I would miss some of the events. I knew about the Canandaigua open water swim but not about the meet. So let me see what the schedule could be: Nickel City in October, Ithica in November, Colonie Zones scm in December, Syracuse in January, Canandaigua in February. Well that seems like a lot of opportunities to compete! I better use September to train. Chris, looks like you could fill up the whole year on your new calander! I didn't even project past Feb. because thats pretty far away.

I heard from my coach Wendy that if I was going to do an open water swim then the Canandaigua event was a good one. Apparently the lake is pretty flat most of the time. The one open water I did was in Dunkirk(lake Erie), the miles for smiles event. Even though it was not really a rough day I struggled. Current kept taking me to wrong side of the bouy and I would have to swim back to it before passing so I didn't get DQ'd. I thought I'd never finish, and I only did the 1000M swim! I have to remember to keep my head up to be sure I'm going in the right direction.

Dana, what's next on your schedule? Nickel City?