PDA

View Full Version : Mark Twain Pool Closing?

floswimmer
July 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
:badday:Please keep Yonkers Masters Swimming and Yonkers Aquatics in your thoughts and prayers.....due to budget cuts the pool may be closed......

floswimmer
September 7th, 2010, 09:25 PM
:censor:Still waiting to find out what the ---- is going on with the Mark Twain Pool.......

debaru
September 9th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Hey, Evelyn.

I don't know how I missed your first post on this subject, but I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you've been swimming there for a long time and having the pool closed would be devastating to you and all of the other folks who call it their "home" pool.

Hopefully the City of Yonkers will put on their thinking caps and come up with other ways to trim costs without closing the pool.

Your swim friend,

Debaru

norascats
September 14th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Is this pool at my alma mater, Mark Twain Jr High?

floswimmer
September 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Is this pool at my alma mater, Mark Twain Jr High?
Yes:(

floswimmer
September 16th, 2010, 09:32 PM
:censor:Still waiting to find out what the ---- is going on with the Mark Twain Pool.......
:badday::badday:The Mark Twain Pool has been closed indefinitely. The Yonkers Masters Swim Team is homeless. It's really very sad:(

floswimmer
September 16th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Hey, Evelyn.

I don't know how I missed your first post on this subject, but I am so sorry to hear about this. I know you've been swimming there for a long time and having the pool closed would be devastating to you and all of the other folks who call it their "home" pool.

Hopefully the City of Yonkers will put on their thinking caps and come up with other ways to trim costs without closing the pool.

Your swim friend,

Debaru

Hello Deb!
Thank you very much for your support. It's really sad - trying to figure out my next strategy. A lot of "speedism" exists in this area; it's very discouraging.........
Evelyn

Xenadiva
January 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yonkers Masters is back up and running at Mark Twain Pool.

For more information about the team please visit us at www.yonkersmasters.com