PDA

View Full Version : Nickel City Splash Short Course Yards Fall Invitational Results

Beards247
November 13th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Results with splits (http://www.niagaramasters.org/20031102_NickelCity_splits.php)
Date: November 02, 2003
Site: University at Buffalo Alumni Arena
Venue: Short Course Yards

I noticed I did not upload the first set of results on the results page. I will get to that tonight (11/13), but the results with splits are available now.

Comments about the meet? Post-em here!

LakeSwimmer
November 13th, 2003, 07:24 PM
I am no expert, having only been to 6 or so meets, but I thought it was a very well run event. The organizers were very friendly and helpful. The times were promptly posted. The facility is excellent, with plenty of full length warm down lanes.

It is unfortunate, given the large population draw area (Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Rochester, Toronto and Southwestern Ontario), that an event this good is not better attended.

It is sort of hard to explain to non-swimmers, when they ask how I did, to explain that I was happy with my times but was the only person in my age group entered in my events. I am sure I am not the only "Old (so old that I left my Medic Alert necklace in the men's locker room...it was turned in yesterday to Lost-and-Found, who called Medic Alert) Fogey" around.....and I drove from the Syracuse area.

ArtShark
November 13th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Hi Chris, Hi Lee, I enjoyed the meet also. I am doing the Ithaca meet and am looking forward to seeing how the 10 minute rest break every third event will impact on performance. One of the problems I have with the Nickel City meet is the low turnout and thus the limited rests between events. I agree with Lee that the venue is ideal and it's a shame we can't get more competitors. It is really a shame considering the performance that was witnessed by those of us lucky enough to be there. I am speaking of the Toronto Masters' own Janet Mayville. Being from Canada I am not sure if her times are eligible for top 10 USMS ranking, but if they are then we witnessed top ten times in 4 out of her 5 events. Her times in 4 events would also have shattered 4 Niagara Masters Records. At age 29 here are her numbers. 200 yd. backstroke 2:15.25, 100 yd fly 59.64, 50 yd backstroke 29.41, 200 yd breaststroke 2:34.91, and 200 IM 2:14.39. I think anyone would agree she is a magnificent swimmer. I learned a few things just from watching her swim. Thank You Nickel City for hosting this meet.