View RSS Feed

flippergirl

1. The princess, I mean swimmer and the pea

Finally the pool was just perfect this morning. The sun was on the other side of the building, the water temp. was not too hot, not too cold and only a few swimmers. A great day to be in the water.
    I have been biking and some small swims in the Gulf, but the heat has been tough to work out in.
    When I did the postal my husband said I looked like I was, kicking more than the other swimmers. Not good. The legs are the biggest muscles and suck up way too much oxygen. Must be the biking, plus my kicking is too large instead of fluttering under the surface. My arms have to catch up to the rest of me. They are slow. That is what I worked on today and will continue to work on my arms and plus my core is weak too. A long way from where I want to be. Ugh! Hope I am not just dreamin. This swimming takes dedication like anything else in life in order to be good at it. That is tough for meconsistency. I admire those here who persevere.

500 warm up
    300 kick
    200 arms
    10 25s on 35-45 it varied but I was strong on the last ones
    500 any thing
    250 free
    500 flippers under water (my favorite)
    250 free with flippers (couldnt resist)
    250 cool down
    10 push up on the pool end (next aim for 20)
    Total 2750
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I did the 5k postal ....

with Aquatics T2 members. I think the lanes were all full some sharing a lane so, about 10 people? Two people did the 10k.

I had my husband agree to do my splits, which was his first time with the watch. He did a good job.

I cant find my split sheet ugh, but my time was 1:49.5 something. My last race and training was around 2010. The good news is that the last 100 meters leg of the race my split was a few second faster than my very first 100 meter lap. I still had umph!!!! I tend to like short course, but swimming in the Gulf has made me consider other length races.

Today I was on the water, not in the water. We put the mast up on out Rocket 22 boat. It is a very touchy sailboat boat. We are still getting to know it. Today was just a motor- 8 miles from the boat ramp to the cove where we will keep the boat.Looking forward to sailing and racing her!
    Categories
    Uncategorized