1. Tuesday 3/3/2020

PM SCY Solo @ LRRC "Power & Speed"

400 swim every 4th 25 head-up scull
    300 pull w/ paddles + SNKL
    200 25 FR/25 BR kick w/ BD
    100 I.M. drill

6x50 @ 1:00 BR
    odd: 3k/1p drill
    even: 2x pullouts + focus on DPS (2 strokes max per length if possible)

4x25 @ :35 V.S. BR
    100 EZ

2x
    4x25 @ 1:00 BR swim FAST but with overemphasis on technique w/ chute
    2x50 @ 1:00 BR swim FAST @ goal 100 second 50 time (:32-, :32-, :31, :31+)
    3x100 @ 1:30 FR no breath last 25 pull w/ paddles
    1:30 REST

100 EZ

Total: 2600

I had planned to do the main set three times, but as I finished the second 25 BR swim with the parachute, I felt my right groin start to go. Disappointing end to the set. I didn't quite hit my pace on the first round, but seemed to find a little better groove on round two. I didn't quite pull my groin, but I was maybe 1-2 breaststroke kicks away from it giving out. Wish I new what was causing my regular groin stiffness. Even when I was religious about strengthening it (on the ab/adductor machine), it never really felt great. It is hard to train BR how I want to with the thought in the back of my head that my groin is like a ticking time bomb (guaranteed, nine times out of ten, to give out at the worst possible time: the last few kicks of warm-up before a race!). I now wonder if the strength issue lies not with the abductor/adductor muscles themselves, but with the other muscles around up my upper leg?

Anyways, guess I will shelve the breaststroke for a little while and focus on my freestyle.
    Categories
    Swim Workouts