Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    43 minutes of excessive blood co2, lactic acid, high oxygen demand, and freediving all in one
    I mean, when you put it that way, it almost sounds sexy.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    he might have gone 3550. I think he miscounted on our main set...........
    No, I didn't.

Trip: "Let's start on the 30:00, and the set takes 25:50."
    Calvin: "Ok."
    **Approximately 25:50 later**
    Calvin finishes on the 55:41.
    Trip: "You miscounted"

Numbers don't lie Trip. I can count to eight, ten times. :00, :35, :10, :45, :20, :55, :30, :05, :40, :15

As soon as my shoulder feels better, I am going to swim the 10x200 and take you out behind the woodshed and beat you like a red headed step child.
    43 minutes of excessive blood co2, lactic acid, high oxygen demand, and freediving all in one
    he might have gone 3550. I think he miscounted on our main set...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Nice consistent times on the 100s IM!
    Thanks. Was a tad disappointed #6 wasn't 1:01 as well, but was pleasantly surprised that #5 ended up being the fastest!
    Nice consistent times on the 100s IM!
    Recovery swim makes perfect sense after reading your prior workout.
    Ya’ll distance swimmers indeed swim like animals. I would’ve respirated pool water after the 2nd 100.

The comment to the virtual 200 where I recognized as “interesting turns”, referred to #2 and 3. It was how you pull into the wall fully UW and then flip. I have never seen that before. Obviously works! I tried it but my legs caught too much water
    PB solo - that's gotta be very satisfying. Good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Looking good ... and tough to do that solo, especially when the guy in Lane 4 clearly submitted a fake time
    It was a gal! I'm assuming mixed gender heats still make you eligible for records?
    Looking good ... and tough to do that solo, especially when the guy in Lane 4 clearly submitted a fake time
    nice swim Calvin!

that water was boiling hot
    SWEET! For some reason that 2:00 barrier is SOOOO hard to get under. I imagine that a faster, indoor pool with great temperature control will help. And, if it gives you some energy as you age, I was 2:02.9 when I was 36, then managed to get down to 2:00.4 when I was 45 years old. Other than a couple of times in the bodysuit era, I haven't made it under 2:00 ... but you're still young, so you can do it!
    If y’all end up racing in a therapy pool, at least for the upper hand you’ve acclimated to the heat (to some degree?). 50’s won’t be bad at all though, but it looks like there’s a 200 fl on list, for one
    Updated August 5th, 2020 at 07:46 PM by __steve__
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    let the record show that Doug went butterfly, working on that closing speed - former olympians beware
    Let the record so indicate.
    let the record show that Doug went butterfly, working on that closing speed - former olympians beware
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    LCM 50’s produce a different kind of acid

Can’t imagine how you kept all 8 within under 0:02, and the first 6 close to 0:01. What effort level pace was that, 50, 100?
    full tilt sprint. Like I was racing a 50 FL, one at a time. No "opening 50 of 100" feel or anything like that.
    LCM 50’s produce a different kind of acid

Can’t imagine how you kept all 8 within under 0:02, and the first 6 close to 0:01. What effort level pace was that, 50, 100?
    Updated July 30th, 2020 at 12:51 PM by __steve__
    Congratulations to her.
    That’s enough to no longer be a non-swimmer in that sense
    I couldn’t do those with fins on
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast