Blog Comments

Recovery swim makes perfect sense after reading your prior workout.
    Ya’ll distance swimmers indeed swim like animals. I would’ve respirated pool water after the 2nd 100.

The comment to the virtual 200 where I recognized as “interesting turns”, referred to #2 and 3. It was how you pull into the wall fully UW and then flip. I have never seen that before. Obviously works! I tried it but my legs caught too much water
    PB solo - that's gotta be very satisfying. Good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Looking good ... and tough to do that solo, especially when the guy in Lane 4 clearly submitted a fake time
    It was a gal! I'm assuming mixed gender heats still make you eligible for records?
    Looking good ... and tough to do that solo, especially when the guy in Lane 4 clearly submitted a fake time
    nice swim Calvin!

that water was boiling hot
    SWEET! For some reason that 2:00 barrier is SOOOO hard to get under. I imagine that a faster, indoor pool with great temperature control will help. And, if it gives you some energy as you age, I was 2:02.9 when I was 36, then managed to get down to 2:00.4 when I was 45 years old. Other than a couple of times in the bodysuit era, I haven't made it under 2:00 ... but you're still young, so you can do it!
    If y’all end up racing in a therapy pool, at least for the upper hand you’ve acclimated to the heat (to some degree?). 50’s won’t be bad at all though, but it looks like there’s a 200 fl on list, for one
    Updated August 5th, 2020 at 06:46 PM by __steve__
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    let the record show that Doug went butterfly, working on that closing speed - former olympians beware
    Let the record so indicate.
    let the record show that Doug went butterfly, working on that closing speed - former olympians beware
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    LCM 50’s produce a different kind of acid

Can’t imagine how you kept all 8 within under 0:02, and the first 6 close to 0:01. What effort level pace was that, 50, 100?
    full tilt sprint. Like I was racing a 50 FL, one at a time. No "opening 50 of 100" feel or anything like that.
    LCM 50’s produce a different kind of acid

Can’t imagine how you kept all 8 within under 0:02, and the first 6 close to 0:01. What effort level pace was that, 50, 100?
    Updated July 30th, 2020 at 11:51 AM by __steve__
    Congratulations to her.
    That’s enough to no longer be a non-swimmer in that sense
    I couldn’t do those with fins on
    Once-upon-a-time I could do that set (SCY of course).
    I hope those days aren't gone forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    2.19 after all that

nice job!
    thank you sir!
    2.19 after all that

nice job!
    I think I (trip here) can add some color here.
    did you happen to see the 400 free relay in Beijing?
    I was coming like lezak. Calvin was toast. he might have been 1.25 if he had to do another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Interesting to state your tenth 100 at 1:10 or faster is “falling off”. If you did 11 on 2:00 would it change the average much?
    Let's just say I don't think it would have been another 1:10. I started falling off after #8. I don't just mean the times. My stroke was unraveling, I was doing the same number of SDKs off each wall (5 and 4 respectively), but travelling shorter and shorter distances each time. On the last two, Trip flipped even with me at the 50, so my opening half of each 100 was getting worse and worse, so I was just throwing the kitchen sink at the second 50 on the last two 100s and praying I made it to the wall before I fell apart. I think I would have been 1:11s for 1-2 more, then 1:12s, and probably would have settled at around 1:13 in perpetuity.
    Interesting to state your tenth 100 at 1:10 or faster is “falling off”. If you did 11 on 2:00 would it change the average much?
    Updated June 13th, 2020 at 09:59 AM by __steve__
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast