Blog Comments

Congratulations to her.
    That’s enough to no longer be a non-swimmer in that sense
    I couldn’t do those with fins on
    Once-upon-a-time I could do that set (SCY of course).
    I hope those days aren't gone forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    2.19 after all that

nice job!
    thank you sir!
    2.19 after all that

nice job!
    I think I (trip here) can add some color here.
    did you happen to see the 400 free relay in Beijing?
    I was coming like lezak. Calvin was toast. he might have been 1.25 if he had to do another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    Interesting to state your tenth 100 at 1:10 or faster is “falling off”. If you did 11 on 2:00 would it change the average much?
    Let's just say I don't think it would have been another 1:10. I started falling off after #8. I don't just mean the times. My stroke was unraveling, I was doing the same number of SDKs off each wall (5 and 4 respectively), but travelling shorter and shorter distances each time. On the last two, Trip flipped even with me at the 50, so my opening half of each 100 was getting worse and worse, so I was just throwing the kitchen sink at the second 50 on the last two 100s and praying I made it to the wall before I fell apart. I think I would have been 1:11s for 1-2 more, then 1:12s, and probably would have settled at around 1:13 in perpetuity.
    Interesting to state your tenth 100 at 1:10 or faster is “falling off”. If you did 11 on 2:00 would it change the average much?
    Updated June 13th, 2020 at 09:59 AM by __steve__
    I finally noticed the three “Commonly Used Terms” sections on the right there. Your blog making much more sense to me now👍. I might try that lactate hold set out
    Quote Originally Posted by tripswim
    man he loves that 10 x2 set
    I shove Brussel sprouts down my kids’ throats long enough they just end up learning to like them...
    man he loves that 10 x2 set
    Ok let's be honest Trip, I didn't beat you nearly as bad as Ali is beating on Foreman.
    since weird is not in the glossary, let me take you back to October 30,1974
    the rumble in the
    jungle

this is howard cosell, speaking of sport
    Quote Originally Posted by kristilynn
    Oops. I never noticed that there was a glossary. And what a glossary! Quite extensive.

I wouldn't last a half hour in water below 70. I can't believe you swam in 57 degree water. We start waterskiing in water that cold, but with drysuits ;-)

We don't have to worry about cooling our pools down here -- obviously a very different climate.
    to actually “train” with some semblance of quality I need water to be close to or above 70. Above 60 I can just grind out yardage but there will be no speed at all. As for when it was 57, that was just survive to say I did it. Wouldn’t recommend anyone try to swim in water that cold without protection (I was in just a speedo). It took me about 2 hours to get my body temp back to normal.
    Oops. I never noticed that there was a glossary. And what a glossary! Quite extensive.

I wouldn't last a half hour in water below 70. I can't believe you swam in 57 degree water. We start waterskiing in water that cold, but with drysuits ;-)

We don't have to worry about cooling our pools down here -- obviously a very different climate.
    Quote Originally Posted by kristilynn
    Brrr. Why's the pool temp so chilly? I'm assuming the LRRC stands for some sort of rec center? Do they not heat the pool?
    Little Rock Racquet Club (you don't use my handy dandy glossary on the right side of my blog? :P )

And no, they do not heat the LCM pool. Just the SCY one. LCM one actually has a "chiller"/aerator to cool it down, because come mid-June, without it, the Arkansas heat just turns it into a bathtub.

The temperature fluctuates with the weather for a while until June when it stabilizes. We had some cool nights, and some rain/overcast days, which caused the temp to drop a bunch. Probably will be back down to mid 60s by Monday after our weekend of storms, and back up to mid 70s by Friday or Saturday after next week's gorgeous weather forecast.

Also I swam in the pool when it was 57 back in early March, so 68 feels great
    Brrr. Why's the pool temp so chilly? I'm assuming the LRRC stands for some sort of rec center? Do they not heat the pool?
    No. They did them race pace-ish.
    Sorry Srdan
    Did Trip or Calvin do them “Claire Lockridge”?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast