Blog Comments

It is impressive how fit you are and your capacity for intense training is remarkable. To do CrossFit and also USMS Masters swimming is pretty awesome. Because you clearly have a strong body (as it appears from the video), I would reinforce what have you already said about pre-practice preparation, warm ups, warm downs, and post practice stretching. In my personal experience, I have found that a few minutes of PT, stretching type band work before and after swimming as well as during other brief moments in the day can really enhance readiness and recovery. More recently I have also been putting more time in warm up and recovery. Finally, I just wanted to say I follow your workouts, that those low rest sets you do are amazing, and it is great the way you swim through the down days and put out so many good days.
    Nice jump!
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    That was fast
    Sub 23?
    Thanks! Not quite. 23.41. Not bad with no warm up!
    That was fast
    Sub 23?
    Updated January 15th, 2013 at 06:45 AM by __steve__
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Very cool and VERY fast for both of you.
    thanks, pwb
    Very cool and VERY fast for both of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    Awesome times on the 50s and 75s. Way to keep going, that's a really tough set and very impressive. Nice job.
    Thank you! Definitely the most "sprinting" I have done in one practice in a long time!
    Awesome times on the 50s and 75s. Way to keep going, that's a really tough set and very impressive. Nice job.
    Brrrr! Hope you get power back very soon!
    Nice workout and great efforts on the fast stuff, especially those 200s in the middle!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    That's it? You are in too good of shape for a master.
    on a better day I may have been able to finish it, but I am just way broken down right now!
    (no thanks PWB, that set is rough)
    That's it? You are in too good of shape for a master.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Was the crossfit before or after the swims?

Glad you liked the set
    Crossfit was afterwards, but I still hurt (second day pain is always the worst) from Tuesday's Crossfit. I can honestly say I would not have finished the set as written had I the time. All that LCM fly is brutal. But, just like Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I'll be back." I just need to be a bit fresher (mentally I was prepped...I have sat at the computer and read over that set and visualized it for the past 4 days!).
    Was the crossfit before or after the swims?

Glad you liked the set
    Excellent times in both events! A lot of swimming today, too - great job.
    Thanks but I should have been better. Bad last 75. I basically trained through the meet and haven't been racing well. However, I came here wanting to win something, and I did, so I guess the meet is a success!
    That's good 200 FLy swim. Did you split it well?
    Thank you!
    Congrats National champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin S
    My events for nationals are all 200 and up save for the 100 breast! I can't drop my yardage too much, so I just added in a little speed :P
    My events for Canadian Nats are all long stuff as well, but I'm not able to swim as much yardage as you do. I'm limited to an hour or less, and just make do with what I can. 3500 is a good average for me.