Blog Comments

True that.
    Weve all seen videos of treadmill fails, but mostly of victims much younger. Theres nothing funny about people our age crashing
    I don't think I've ever taken a Tmill over 7 mph or so (my speed and balance just aren't that good anymore in my 60s). So I saved hard running for outside on the track. Be careful, cause a stumble at that speed could really hurt on a tmill.
    Goal achieved in December 2016 - scored a 100% on USAF fitness test.

waist: 30.5" (20 pts)
    1 min pushups: 50 (10 pts)
    1 min situps: 50 (10 pts)
    1.5 mile run: 10:32 (60 pts)
    Updated June 29th, 2017 at 05:48 PM by __steve__
    haha there were 50's too.
    Not sure they worked anything, I'm not sore. Felt more like heavy manual labor lol
    45 lb med ball?!?! That would break my shoulder, I'm sure.
    C17 CAFB

Thanks fly-storms
    It was just one of those day's that seems like it must happen, in order to make all the other days feel quite reasonable lol
    Steve, where do you work and what type a/c are you working on? Yeah, that sounds like a great day, LOL! Sorry!
    Yep
    reserves
    Wow, I'm envious of the midnight swim. Sounds delightful.

So you're in the Air Force?
    Quote Originally Posted by joel schmaltz
    Nice meet Steve! It is always great to run up with you again. Maybe our schedules will work out where we can do it again in Columbia this fall. Congrats!
    You too Joel. Had a great time! Look forward to Cola, havent been to that one in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Yes be happy with PBs! I always nit pick every race too, but that is just for improving in the future.
    Absolutely! And once I figure out whats going on with the freestyle, my evil stroke might catch up with it. Very happy with significant strokes improvement
    Nice meet Steve! It is always great to run up with you again. Maybe our schedules will work out where we can do it again in Columbia this fall. Congrats!
    Yes be happy with PBs! I always nit pick every race too, but that is just for improving in the future.
    Good To hear there's no gators in that lake. Definitely plan to swim there again, and possibly as my first OW event.
    My parents retired to Seneca, SC next to Clemson and I swam and water skied in lake Keowee just west of campus 100s of times with family, friends and my kids. Never heard anything about gators in that area. Gas bubbles could be from bottom mud and decomposition or I think possibly turtles in the bottom mud.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    So envious! Where were you? Its' gorgeous!
    Mangel Halto Aruba. One of the best for views on the Island, but a narrow channel goes through for boat traffic and need to stay watch and close to the corals. Also easy to get stuck in shallow corals with breaking waves and current, but there's a network of UW sand trails to follow to help guide you. I once did a tour of the place to learn the landscape first.

There's also a shipwreck about 13m down nearby, but every time I swam down and got close I started having difficulty equalizing
    So envious! Where were you? Its' gorgeous!
    Thanks,

You're welcome. It was good times
    Loved the video. Thanks for posting!
    Nice!
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast