Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    I love this workout. I don't even know what DFS stands for. In a meet, it would be a false start but i'm sure that's not what it is. I like your bike pictures. Hope there aren't any large wild animals!
    Thanks, I use DFS for "dive from side", no blocks available at this SCM pool.

I don't ride too much anymore, but through the years of riding I have just a few close -call wildlife encounters I can remember. One time in Utah a skunk jumped on the trail right in front of me going the same direction, as if it wanted to lead. The second time, on same trail, I remember I turned corner and looked up to find I was about to go head on with a huge bull moose facing me. My most frightening experience was in Germany where I rode up upon two brown bear cubs. I didn't give myself the opportunity to see mom and sprinted for my life into a huge mustard field for safety.
    I love this workout. I don't even know what DFS stands for. In a meet, it would be a false start but i'm sure that's not what it is. I like your bike pictures. Hope there aren't any large wild animals!
    Thank you!
    Updated March 15th, 2014 at 11:47 AM by __steve__
    Oh, I get it LOL!
    HOPZ vertical leap trainer (SKLZ)

Got mine from Dicks Sporting Goods $39.95
    Hey that looks cool. What is it called exactly? I can't find it quickly on the power systems site.

Sometimes a lot of reps are good for technique.
    Thanks Leslie, after how my shoulder muscles feel this morning I think this last workout was my warning zone anyway. Time for an actual day off altogether, after 14 straight days of swimming.

During those 500's I did maintain a solid 6 - beat kick throughout and also tried to refine stroke. I did feel as if something in fact, clicked, yesterday with form.

Hey, last week I just got a cool dryland tool. This thing really works the thighs for jumping, I can also effectively do squats with streamline position using it. The best part is it lets me work the legs without injuring my back
    http://www.power-systems.com/popup.a...e/82501_1_.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    No lol,

Just taking an active break from the high output stuff to recharge the batteries . Plus, after watching distance swimmer, Keith Switzer, swim 50s so fast there just might be some component of swimming fast and distance.

I'll do another week or two
    Keith Switzer is just FAST. A recovery week is a good idea. Not sure I'd do two; distance swimming doesn't help sprinting.
    No lol,

Just taking an active break from the high output stuff to recharge the batteries . Plus, after watching distance swimmer, Keith Switzer, swim 50s so fast there just might be some component of swimming fast and distance.

I'll do another week or two
    Why all the 500 frees? Have you given up sprinting?
    Yep, Thanks!

I am very happy with all of the swims, but it took a few days for the results to grow on me. I didn't even realize the back was a PB too
    Updated February 26th, 2014 at 04:52 PM by __steve__
    Hey nice swims! 7 sprinty events!
    Thanks Joel, had a good time with everyone. Man, I was wiped out after that meet brother, I gave it my all.

I may follow suit and cash -in 2014 SCY too, but I'm definately looking forward to LC Greenville, and possibly Athens GA too.

Hope your equipment gets back on line smoothly
    Always nice to see you Steve. You had a nice meet.

I probably won't get to race until June in Greenville. Too many family obligations. Life and its impact.
    Thanks,
    That is a portrait me in the baroque period. I don't know why, but friends and family nearly go into convulsions from laughing from seeing it, so I thought it would be an interesting profile image.

That is my face over composer Johann Fux.
    Good luck today. What is the story behind your avatar?
    Yes, weighted fist drill is a more fitting name - thanks.

The 1lb seemed to do its work in the recovery part, in the water it is almost unnoticeable (like an unweighted fist) but the hand free falls at just the right rate. The movement was done easy and I used fins to keep me moving fast enough.

I have also done the same drill without the weight too, and can confidently say it has worked for me like that. Ran out of time today so I wasn't able to test the stroke (with a trial) after using the weighted version, but it definately had an interesting effect of feel while doing it.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast