Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Good luck tomorrow! Gosh, Make sure you get up early enough for that long drive to the meet!

Nice meet schedule.
    Shoot, I know...I'm gonna have to set the alarm early for this one...in fact let me give you my phone number so you can call me to make sure I'm up in time!
    You like that meet schedule...seriously I added the meet of Feb. 5th just to swim the 1650.
    Good luck tomorrow! Gosh, Make sure you get up early enough for that long drive to the meet!

Nice meet schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    That's funny--I'm swimming a 500 on Sunday too, with a seed time of 6:11, so if we were at the same meet I'd be one of those freestylers you'd be trying to beat. I think it would be cool to have a butterflyer in my heat during the 500, if just as a reminder that no matter how bad I'm feeling, things could always be worse . . . .

Have fun!
    Don't worry, I should sleep well that night after this punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Crazy line-up for you made triple-crazy by throwing in the relays. Good luck.
    That is my coaches fault for the relays (not a bad thing)...she told us this morning that since it is our home meet, she is putting us in as many relays as possible. Since I'm the fastest on our team, I'm sure I'll be used well, probably doing fly on a Mens medley and fly on another mixed medley.
    Crazy line-up for you made triple-crazy by throwing in the relays. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I can't back out of it either...because I made it public knowledge to each of the team leaders from the different workout groups in our area a while ago. Most of them said I was crazy, or as one put it..."nutty as squirrel poo". I did do one 500 fly before in college, while I was in great shape, and was a 5:15 (2:02 @ 200), Sunday, I'm just going to try to beat the freestylers entered around the same time as me.
    That's funny--I'm swimming a 500 on Sunday too, with a seed time of 6:11, so if we were at the same meet I'd be one of those freestylers you'd be trying to beat. I think it would be cool to have a butterflyer in my heat during the 500, if just as a reminder that no matter how bad I'm feeling, things could always be worse . . . .

Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Good luck at your meet! I'm sure everyone there will marvel at your 500 fly!
    I can't back out of it either...because I made it public knowledge to each of the team leaders from the different workout groups in our area a while ago. Most of them said I was crazy, or as one put it..."nutty as squirrel poo". I did do one 500 fly before in college, while I was in great shape, and was a 5:15 (2:02 @ 200), Sunday, I'm just going to try to beat the freestylers entered around the same time as me.
    Good luck at your meet! I'm sure everyone there will marvel at your 500 fly!
    I wish I could get a babysitter to watch the little ones for me for the night, that way I could really get some real good rest. I heard a few shots of tequila will get rid of the crap in your throat...problem is I haven't really drank anything that good since college days!!
    I wouldn't know if that works since my name is not Charlie Sheen or Amy Whinehouse!
    Maybe if you are feeling blah tomorrow, sleep in. Then, get in and swim on Friday and Sat. Mainly, get your rest.
    I wish I could get a babysitter to watch the little ones for me for the night, that way I could really get some real good rest. I heard a few shots of tequila will get rid of the crap in your throat...problem is I haven't really drank anything that good since college days!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Often people swim well at meets after an illness b/c their body is more rested! It's the famed "sickness taper."

But this is probably more true of the sprints. 500 fly after your body has been taxed seems dubious.

Get well!
    I'm sure I'll have no problem with my 50, 100 fly and 100 free...it's the other ones that are scaring me. Good thing is our team is hosting the meet, and since we always allow deck entries in our LMSC I can easily swap out of the 500 for some other easier race if needed...but only if needed.
    Maybe if you are feeling blah tomorrow, sleep in. Then, get in and swim on Friday and Sat. Mainly, get your rest.
    Often people swim well at meets after an illness b/c their body is more rested! It's the famed "sickness taper."

But this is probably more true of the sprints. 500 fly after your body has been taxed seems dubious.

Get well!
    I found it on this website. I just found it recently, and there is a lot of selections for different strokes, sprint, dist, etc, and you can select from time of practice (30, 60 min., etc.)
    I actually swam the people that run this website when I was in Westport, CT for work. They are a great group and I have used this site before for solo workouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    that's a cool IM workout. Am bookmarking it.
    I found it on this website. I just found it recently, and there is a lot of selections for different strokes, sprint, dist, etc, and you can select from time of practice (30, 60 min., etc.)
    that's a cool IM workout. Am bookmarking it.
    Yeah, you got there first so they should move when a lane is open. Besides, you have a real workout to do. They are probably just doing a random pace 1000 and then get out.
    Yes, they were pretty slow swimmers: Ex. on my 75s Ba/Br/Fr, I would leave approx. the same time they pushed off the wall, and I was finishing my 75 before they got to the flags at about the 20 yard point!
    Yeah, you got there first so they should move when a lane is open. Besides, you have a real workout to do. They are probably just doing a random pace 1000 and then get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Why drag? I'm personally not a fan of suit drag because it can throw off your stroke technique and body position. You could end up teaching your body incorrectly ...

Great 100 fly time!
    I'm not too worried about teaching my stroke wrong, since every coach that ever tried to correct it actually made my swimming slower. My distance stroke is how it is, just losing weight and getting more muscle will make it faster.
    I do only use the drag stuff during what I call "distance" free sets. Any strokework, or speed, and it comes off.
    Well, yeah! try doing 5 Fast 100 fly of them on 6:00! Good 100 fly time.
    It would be fun if I could get the whole group to do it too (6 x 100 @ 6:00), but in my workout group that's not gonna happen. That's why I pretty much just train on my own.