Blog Comments

I can't imagine doing that meet lineup over 5 days, much less in 2. Very impressive. You deserve to be worn out.
    Very cool to see someone that fast.
    Nice job!! MY kind of meet!
    Thanks all! It was definitely a tough lineup but I actually didn't have the toughest. That goes to Linda Callaway who did 50 more yards than I did. Not only is she 15 years older than I am, she did the 1650, 200 fly, 400 IM and 200 IM with a titanium plate in her from an injury. We quickly adopted her as our distance queen.

I'll post more on my second day tomorrow but I definitely was more tired after the first day and my performance seemed to suffer some.
    Good swims! Eric has been training hard lately so I'm glad to hear his result in the mile too.

I hate not being there.
    That is some meet lineup. I can't imagine doing that many events in one session. You did awesome. Congratulations on dropping so much time.
    Nice swims! Great job!
    Thanks all... I do wish it were 3 mph but I'm afraid that's still outside my capabilities. It's more like 2.7 which is a lot faster that I could do last year.
    Nice swim, Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__
    That's exactly 3mph average swim speed
    How do you figure that? Three miles is 5280 yards.
    That's exactly 3mph average swim speed
    I enjoy your workouts! They are varied and challenging, but what is up -down? Thanks! ALicia
    Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy
    Hope that goes better for you. We did it again today and I dropped the drag suit for this set. I was 2-3 seconds faster. We did about 95% effort on these. If you go to 100%, this is going to be really tough to make.
    I did it, and it actually wasn't that bad. Held 1:05/1:06s. Solo practice should be able to subtract 1-2 seconds though, right? I was happy with this though. I haven't really been pushing myself that hard lately, so it's been good to see your practices and try to repeat them on my own.
    Hope that goes better for you. We did it again today and I dropped the drag suit for this set. I was 2-3 seconds faster. We did about 95% effort on these. If you go to 100%, this is going to be really tough to make.
    10 Rounds of:
    * 100 Free - 1:10 (mostly 1:07s and 1:08s... finished w/ 1:04)
    * 50 Easy - 1:10
    Now there's something I might be able to handle...maybe. It looks okay on paper, but you never know what happens in the pool. Maybe I'll try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    I was working on travel planning for work not that long ago and I'll be up in Huntsville in April. I thought to myself that I should look into coming to swim with you guys one morning. I am rethinking that...
    Don't let our workouts scare you off! I think Roger and I were the only ones that made it. Mid-set rest breaks are optional and frequently taken. There was a "masters option" on the mountain but I can't remember what it was exactly. We have a 60ish year old lady that swims with us a couple days a week who just rolls her eyes at our intervals. She adjusts the interval or distance to suit her level and does her best to keep up.
    I attempted this set this morning, and it shows just how "out of shape" I am, or at least compared with a few month ago in my age group practice setting. I'm still in decent shape, but combined with the new more physical job factors as well, it's just tougher in the pool these days.
    I was working on travel planning for work not that long ago and I'll be up in Huntsville in April. I thought to myself that I should look into coming to swim with you guys one morning. I am rethinking that...
    The crazy part about this mountain is that you actually start telling yourself "I can't wait until I get to the 100 fly for some rest/recovery". If you want to do the high school version, just make the 300s backstroke.
    What a mountain! Almost something that looks tempting enough for me to try tomorrow morning! ...am I really that crazy??? It is a 200 Flyer type of workout though.
    There was a $.35 special on wings so my wife and I splurged and split 25 of them. So, for $9 we both eat pretty well. Only problem is that she stopped at 4 wings. That left me with the remainder that I refused to waste.

So, now I'm thinking this would be a good swim team challenge. A 100 @ 1:00 followed by 2:00 rest in which you must consume a hot wing. Repeat until you throw up. Last one holding down all the wings wins!
    Hot wings are definitely not swim practice food... they might be swim-practice ending food. Did that oily sheen on the water smell like habanero hot or caribbean jerk-chicken sauce?
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast