Blog Comments

I found that last comment unacceptable. jim is a BEAUTIFUL little yellow bird whose literary "songs" fill the land with an aching lyricism of wonder.
    "Would the world really be a better place if Jim was a cute little yellow bird who didn't talk?"
    Clearly NOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would the world really be a better place if Jim was a cute little yellow bird who didn't talk?

The world may never know.
    I see Google is doing it's job.
    Hispanic Singles Forums, Steam Baths, and ads for vacationing in sunny Orlando.

Happy Ground Hog's Day.
    Hi Jim......nice posting(yeah like i'm the expert!)
    I wonder where your creativity comes from; you'd think all those laps would numb your mind and dull your senses.
    I'm all in favor of shaving, waxing, bleaching, plucking....yes basically doing all gross things in the locker room at the "Y"......after all they have professionals who clean that stuff up for you.
    What is this AFP? Is that some medieval torture term?

If your wee brain is over-trained and over-aged and over-ripe, I find it is much easier and mind numbing to do 50s on the 1:00 without having to remember what :05 you were on. Perhaps you have a foreshadowing or flicker of sprinter ADD this dread winter and should commence that speed work I'm nagging you to do? Or, if swimming is torture, why art thou not kicking?

Post your meet results so we can all compare your 25 backstroke to Stud's. :P

And you forgot to add your nighttime bowl of ice cream to the list. I know you're having it, and it seems as important as that shower. more :P (Although it is seriously gross that you are shaving in the shower at your Y!)
    Updated February 1st, 2009 at 12:10 AM by The Fortress
    OMG! WAY TOO FUNNY!!!! LOL I tried 47 F water once...thought I was gonna die...and Vlad the Inhaler? yer a f'en genius. LOL
    Thanks, Rusty. You are absolutely right. Anybody who would like to invest money with me knows that I have only THEIR interests in mind.

But just like a sudden de-pressurization in the cabin of a jet plane, where adults are cautioned to put on their own oxygen masks first before helping a child with his or hers, an investment advisor can't do anybody any good if he doesn't have cash to live on. So there might be just a wee bit of pump priming with the first few investors, but after that, things will definitely be going better.
    Alas, it looks like I--like millions of other soon-to-be-impoverished Americans--may have ever more time on my hands in the months to come. Time to contort them into fists and rally with like-minded individuals to batter and throttle the Bush Administration bastards that not only let but shoved things in the direction of debacle and suckage and the great unraveling.

When the rumble comes, Bar is mine!
    Actually, I have a meet tomorrow--the 100 and 50 free, the 200 IM, and some 25, can't remember which stroke. Or maybe it's the 50 fly. Anyhow, I hope I don't disgrace myself. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks, fellas. I have an appointment lined up at Johns Hopkins for Monday, with a second opinion arranged for Monday afternoon at Mayo. I am pretty sure we're looking at an eyectomy. If so, I have reserved a surgical suite in Tijuana Eye Gouging Clinic, which is all my insurance will pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Your pupil has a computer monitor in it.

You should have that checked out.
    I agree, that's probably worse than the buboes! Probably the sign of age-induced artificial intelligence!!!
    Your pupil has a computer monitor in it.

You should have that checked out.
    That's a great album, by the way--The Harder They Come, also title of a movie starring Jimmy Cliff. The Jamaican accent is so heavy that they had to use subtitles.
    See, now the iPhone told me that this was by The Melodians, but I've since listened to their cover, and I've got to say, it is nowhere near as good!!! I just purchased the Jimmy Cliff version! 'Tis much better.
    This song was "By the Rivers of Babylon" by the great Jimmy Cliff on the album "The Harder They Come." Not sure what The Melodians is/are, and alas, I don't have an iPhone.
    The Melodians! Shazam is the coolest application I have found yet for my iPhone!!!
    I like the background music-- what group is this?
    Where were you when you almost froze to death?
    Gosh, you seem to have a meet like every weekend in Western PA. Luckily, I am on a 3 week hiatus from meet. Before, every other weekend I had a meet since early November. But, then I have one 2/14(USA-S one, 2/21-22(maryland masters meet at UMBC), and then a local Pentalon meet on 3/1.
    Jim,
    I think you have way too much time on your hands!!!