Blog Comments

Dave, you are now leading Kurt Duckson, Ph.D., in the contest to win the Aqua V Speedo condom-like swim cap with depository end!

Kurt, your bid.
    jim, as a masters swimmer, its too easy to bail out for any reason.... not in shape, sick, sick and out of shape, tired, hungover, have to go to church, etc. you have inspired me to swim the hour next sunday, even though in my present condition, i am unlikely to hit 4000 yards. in sept, i was pretty well on track to PR and break through the elusive 5000 mark but........ i will find virtue in the struggle to hit 80% of that distance.
    I stand corrected. It is Kurt. Kurt Duxon, MD.
    Kurt. or Kirt, sorry, I should know by now, but anyhow, you came SO close to winning the repository cap! It's not too late. You only need to say something borderline complimentary about my swimming, or, frankly, my vlog, and you would (will) win the cap, unless someone "raises you that compliment" and sweetens the pot, which doesn't look likely to happen.

Thanks for the reassurance abount quinsy.
    a few things...

that cap is the speedo alien line...humans have no business wearing. Actually wearing a cap at all in a stifling indoor pool for an hour straight effort is not wise as is trying to do a sprint or any meet afterward (I don't care what that "doctor" at the meet said, are you sure you don't have tertiary neurosyphillis?).

Actually, if you are trying to be purist, you rarely need antibiotics even if it's strep as you merely trying to prevent it's complications (rheumatic fever) which is virtually unheard of anymore. I think George Washington was the last person to die of quinsy.

Don't worry about this or "holes" or silent "w"s, as the Cardinals are in the Super Bowl and so the end is certainly here.
    Who is this Tennyson of whom on you prattle? Some failed Brit of some sort?

BTW, I really like your birds-eye view photographic avatar. It really shows your goatee to its best advantage. But what has happened to your nose and mouth? How do you take food and air?
    OMG that's damned sacrilege! Tennyson is reeling in his grave!
    Thanks, Tom. But I am actually still sick and deserving of any excuse possible for the forthcoming pathetic performance!
    It seems like you are in better spirits now. Good luck tomorrow.
    Actually, scar tissue from healing buboes seems to be sustituting for the collagen that used to keep my ego in tact; I think the scar tissue may actually prove to be more durable.

Tom, now the other side of my throat/gullet is sore. Is it possible to have a sore throat for life, assuming a relatively normal lifespan?
    I am posting just to help hold Jim's fragile ego together.
    What's a little pus between friends? No need to soften the visuals.
    I hope your lesions and your sore throat start to heal before Zones.
    Nice work on the vlog.
    Kurt, it's a little ironic that you mentioned Dawn of the Dead. I was actually IN THIS MOVIE, that is to say, the good original version filmed in the mid 1970s in the Monroeville Mall, as opposed to the recent remake, also by George Romaro, but I think filmed somewhere in Canada.

I played a zombie with a business suit, Wall Street Journal, and acting ability. The slightly less than 1 second of screen time I enjoyed remains to this day my best work in any medium.

Perhaps I can work this into a future vlog. Hmmm....just need a swimming angle.

Swimming in what? Hmmm. What could an insatiable ghoul possibly be swimming in?

I shall sleep on it!
    No need for viewer discretion. I am ok with puppies and penguins as long as they have a syphilitic chancre.

You should put a montage of all your ailments together with that song from the latest "Dawn of the Dead" movie--?Get down with the sickness.
    Here's another post for the ratings...

To answer your question, No. No more city dwelling for me.
    I'm on the east end of Long Island which is about 90 miles away.

We do however travel "up island" for most of the meets. And occasionally to the city.
    If the opportunity ever arises for a cameo, I'll gladly consider. Keep up the excellent work.

Viewer discretion!!
    No mawkish puppies and penguins please! I vote for keeping it edgy and campy.
    Thanks! and Thanks again! I hadn't thought of the concept of double-posting! That will certainly crank up the number of comments.

Do you swim in NYC? I have to go there every once in a while for work, and I usually just swim at the Lexington Y, I guess they call it the Vanderbilt Y, but it's on, or near, Lexington. Maybe the next time I am in the area, I could swim a practice with you buys, plus bring a camera and do a movie on your team. Alas, the last time I brought a video camera to NYC, it got stolen out of the car.

I will try to add puppies more often. And maybe some baby penquins.
    I preminisce a dropping of my readership numbers if I don't make a quick adjustment in the direction of wholesomeness.
    A viewer discretion advisory would help.
    This vlog is not for the faint of heart and yet I remain an unwavering fan.

But you are on the right track. Puppies are always a welcome sight. Thankfully they had no leprosy.
    I preminisce a dropping of my readership numbers if I don't make a quick adjustment in the direction of wholesomeness.
    A viewer discretion advisory would help.
    This vlog is not for the faint of heart and yet I remain am an unwavering fan.

But you are on the right track. Puppies are always a welcome sight. Thankfully they had no leprosy.