Blog Comments

As soon as I climb out of this MRSA foxhole, I will be right back sucking contentedly at the bosom of unquestioning atheism!

On the plus side, the abdominal lesion has begun to look like a fairly attractive female nipple, complete with small aureola.

I am thinking now that a person with herpes somehow got bitten by a deer tick, which was brushed off by the same person using a hand with an open cut that had MRSA, and that the deer tick somehow landed on me, and has tranfused a trinity of herpetic withow, MRSA, and Lyme Disease.

But again, there is a consolation. It's a pretty damn attractive nipple substitute, at least at this point.

I just realized that this whole comment is permeated by death and mammaries. Mother, oh, god, mother! Help me!
    Sweet...biblical reference from the confirmed atheist. I just PM you. Let me know.
    Kurt, why hast thou forsaken me, especially now that I have just found out from Leslie that you are actually a doctor!

Another doctor friend looked at my vlog and told me he thought my finger was infected and i should go to a doctor who can listen to my heart and lungs!

My god! Am I dying? Give it to me straight. I am, aren't I?

Like Norman Cousins, I am going to beat death through laughter. Back I go now to Summer Heights High.
    Kurt, not sure why it wouldn't work earlier, but it should work now. Please watch the video, especially if A) you have some tangential connection to health care (i.e., a doctor, a nurse practitioner, a shaman, a charlatan, or a patient with similar symptoms to mine and are interested in forming a support group), or B) know anybody who falls into the general bailiwick of A that you could send my video to for advice and prescriptions.

It may sound like I am joking here, but I am not. I would very much like to be well by later on tonight, and it seems like this is becoming ever less likely.
    Soul MRSA is the worst! I cannot see the video, but if you are doing the postal swim this weekend, get on some drugs....
    You mean like Napoleon Dynamite's brother . Give it time. Evidently it will offer good sun protection at the outdoor meets.

But back to today's matinee...I was bracing for Mr. Phelps' appearance in the midst of the throat exorcism.
    The horror and suspense was simply overwhelming.
    I think you might be right. I don't know what Michael does in the glass, but I have my suspicions, the filthy animal.

The head dress was part of Tyr's new line of Doo Rags that failed to catch on. You can buy then dirt cheap at www.honkyheadwear.com
    Too many glasses of Michael Phelps water?
    The head dress is very stylish by the way.
    It was supposed to be my homage to U. Michigan, the school I actually swam FOR, unlike Michael Phelps, who swam At Michigan.

Sing to the colors that float in the light;
    Hurrah for the Yellow and Blue!
    Yellow the stars as they ride through the night
    And the reel in a rollicking crew;
    Yellow the fields where ripens the grain
    And yellow the moon on the harvest wain;
    Hail!
    Hail to the colors that float in the light

Blue are the billows that bow to the sun
    When yellow robed morning is due.
    Blue are the curtains that evening has spun
    The slumbers of Phoebus to woo;
    Blue are the blossoms to memory dear
    And blue is the sapphire and gleams like a tear;
    Hail!
    Hail to the ribbons that nature has spun'
    You need a neti pot. Not that it would help your throat, but I am sure you would find interesting ways to abuse it in the vlog.

Love the new color scheme! Reminds me of a baby's wet diaper. Mostly pale yellow with a few colors you just can't explain.
    Ah pulchritudinous...lovely word and I rarely have a chance to use it in a sentence (since I am so hideous to gaze upon).

In keeping with my non-committal style, I'm not sure creationism and evolution absolutely are exclusive of each other. Creative periods mentioned could be longer than "a day." I don't think evolution needs to be discredited; in fact, it cannot be denied. Evolution as an explanation for everything, I believe, falls short.

This is an argument nobody will agree on (at least until the end of the world) as certain "evidences" bring me to a different conclusion than you. For me, certain truths cannot be obtained by watching Nova or listening to Bill Clinton, nor are subject to scientific method.

BTW your throat looks fine you pansy. It does not really matter, however. My motto for the postal swim is "you may or may not be sick before, but you will definitely be sick afterward." The 1 hour postal wreaks havoc on us immunocompromised old people. Take care.
    Thanks Mr. Jaegermeister! You do not need to keep your secret hidden anymore! You are like Jim Thornton, and there is no shame in that! Well, there is shame in it, but there's nothing wrong with shame! Well, there is something wrong with shame, but nothing wrong with that!

I think the sore throat microbes have finally breached the blood brain barrier.
    Very clever. We all secretly are like you, Jim.
    I see what you mean. Why don't I try posting a new thread topic soliciting video analysis, propose the idea of a specific forum, add a poll to see if people are interested? Then we can see where it goes from there?
    Hi Jim,

Saw your post here so I thought I'd just answer here instead of by PM. Short answer - I don't think this kind of thing lends itself to a group blog application. For video analysis it would be better if each person requesting video analysis by other forumites would start a new forum thread with their video link. Then anyone can start their own thread and anyone can reply, and the ongoing replies can be more interactive. If there is enough demand for this, I could create a dedicated forum for it.

Longer answer:

Interactivity :
    The forum threads allow more direct interaction among members through features such as easily being able to quote one or more prior replies (gives a better sense of who you're talking to). Blogs don't have that feature. Blogs are more of a one-way conversation from the blog owner (although I am answering you here!), while forum thread are intended for discussions among several users.

One blog per user:
    There is only one blog allowed per user with this forum/blog software. To create a second blog, you would have to create a second user account. For example, if you have 3 coaches for a given team and would like all 3 to share the responsibility of posting workouts in a shared blog, you might create a user named "MyTeam Coaches"
    and create a blog for that user. You could make it a group blog by allowing coaches 1, 2, and 3 to post to that blog form their own accounts. Regardless of which coach is posting to that blog from which account, the post will be attributed to the user "MyTEam Coaches". That's a perfect use for group blogs, as well as having a group blog for support staff to post to or something like that.

Blog post origination:
    Only the blog owner and those forum users designated by the blog owner can post new blog entries to a group blog. In order for you to open up the group vlog to all users to post their videos, you'd have to invite every single forum member (all 7,000+) to be group blog owners with you. That's just not practical.

Like I said, if there's enough demand we could set up a dedicated video analysis forum in which people can create threads requesting analysis of their videos. Existing threads doing this already could be moved there.
    I don't know if i am allowed to have two blogs, but if so, I would love to administer such an operation!
    A group vlog is a fantastic idea!
    Hi, Kurt,

Did not have a word a day calendar but did A) take Latin, which definitely helps with the polysyllables like pulchritudinous, and B) was one of the few kids in middle school who did not add the word NOT to our workbook, Words Are Important; in fact, my brother and I added the word Very.

As far as the flagellum business is concerned, there was a fascinating show on either Frontline or Nova that dealt with the evolution trial in Dover, Pa. I think you can find it online still. If you are at all interested in the debate, you might find this to be quite compelling. It convincingly shows how things like chimpanzee chromosome counts and the propeller-like flagellum--two central arguments in the otherwise weak Creationism armamentarium--are easily explained by evolutionary biology.

What I don't get is why evolution must be discredited in order for God to exist, not that I necessarily believe in God in any circumstances. I just think it's foolhardy to pin theological hope on scientific fallacy.
    Interesting stuff. I would say that Bible does not say that God created the world out of nothing. The word create came from the Hebrew word baurau which does not mean to create out of nothing; it means..to organize the world out of chaos. Element had an existence from the beginning of time.

I would not pretend to doubt that evolution is occurring on a daily basis with microorganisms and drug resistance as an example. There are simply many things (I give you flagellum) that evolution cannot explain. Does the fact that I believe in a higher power (or in many things Bill O'Reilly says) make me a weak or narrow-minded person? Maybe...but what does that make you? Enlightened I guess.

BTW like your videos and wow what a vocabulary--did you have one of those word-a-day calendars growing up!
    The Michael Phelps in the glass parts were very inspired too.