Blog Comments

A few thoughts...

I will never be able to look at an Izod sweater in the same innocent way, ever again.
    Wait until Michael Phelps finds out.
    Wait until the Jesuits find out.
    Wait until the far right wing conservative forumites find out.

Mad genius, or visionary. Still undecided.
    Thanks, one and all. Speaking for John and Jane and myself, please know that your happiness and amusement are really what we live for, plus a little bit of money to afford Nyquil on the 363 or 364 days of a non-Leap Year that we have sore throats, colds, sniffles, or other sicknesses.

Please encourage all of your friends to view these vlogs. Our goal: to go viral sometime before we die. So far, we have not even managed to go prion.
    Cybil has nothing on you Jim/John/Jane...whatever you call yourself!....
    Ruined a perfectly good Led Zeppelin song!!!
    I agree with Quick's take. John is a talented computer artist.

But how many wigs can twins own?!
    It is quite possible that video will make you liable for millions of master's swimmers psychiatric treatment.

Congrats Jim, or did John step in for your race?
    If you don't make the all time list, you could possibly make the list for 2008. I just want to get to the yearly list first and then go from there. Of course, right now, I am focused on getting a USMS Yards Top Ten. Keep up the fast swimming.
    A riveting work of vlogophraphy. Disturbing, yet engrossing.
    Ain't worth the time no more Jim...Your prejudice shows through way too much.
    Updated January 9th, 2009 at 09:07 AM by tjburk
    Great article, Dave! I'm really on board with the "Atheism: Sleep in on Sunday" slogan from OZ.
    ??
    Updated January 9th, 2009 at 08:58 AM by tjburk (Because as usual, Jim can't come up with anything useful to say!)
    ??
    Updated January 9th, 2009 at 08:58 AM by tjburk (Because as usual, Jim can't come up with anything useful to say!)
    Liza, I am sorry. But as moderator of the vlog, I am going to have to start editing your comments a little to make them more swimming related.

And on that note, I ask that you step back on to the wagontrain to the past, perchance to help some neighbors raise a roof beam or groom their hides of insect pests!
    ??
    Dawkins said other ridiculous things, too, when he was having sex with Mrs. Garrison on South Park.

Tracy, your argument about your open mindedness is so Fox News. In this world, every issue has two diammetrically opposed sides, and the producers get two talking heads to sit in the right chairs. On one side sits someone like Bill O'Reilly, spittle flying; on the other side, somebody taking the opposite point of view.

You have slowly been acculturated to believe that this is how reality works: two sides to every story, both equally deserving of a fair public hearing, the dullards themselves get to choose what they believe.

The problem here is that when it comes to matters like evolution, the dullards shouldn't get to choose what they believe. It is simply inarguable that the basic tenets of evolutionary "theory" are verifiable, proven, repeatable, and accurate. To say a person who does not believe alternative explanations, AKA, the Flying Spaghetti Monster Theory, are close-minded is simply a wrong-headed argument.

Example:

You say your name is Tracy Burkholder, and that is a picture of you holding a surfboard.

I say, maybe this is true, but it is just as likely that your name is Liza Minnelli, and that is a tongue depressor you are holding.

You say, that's not true! I'm not Liza, I'm Tracy. This is not a tongue depressor, it's a surfboard.

I say, You are so close-minded, Liza! I grant you it's possible you are Tracy. Why can't you grant me the possibility, even, that you are Liza?

You say, That's not a reasonable argument!

I say, You and I finally agree.

Now, just substitute Liza with Creationism, and You for Me, and you will feel a great shroud of ignorance being removed from your field of vision.

Happy New Year, my newly enlightened friend, Liza!
    ??
    Updated January 9th, 2009 at 08:59 AM by tjburk (Because as usual, Jim can't come up with anything useful to say!)
    Did I mention that there are plenty of people who believe that aliens from our own solar system came to Earth and genetically engineered the human race and are the basis of both Christianity and the creation myths of most early civilizations? Take my loving Father as an examply (tongue firmly planted in cheek when I say this). Google Zechariah Sitchin and/or the "The 12th Planet"!
    ??
    Updated January 9th, 2009 at 08:59 AM by tjburk (Because as usual, Jim can't come up with anything useful to say!)
    Is this facebooK?

Jim, I've said that before. Perhaps there was no beginning. Shouldn't have to say it again on a SR blog!

Hey, I was trying to remember the exact thing you said to me about hypoxic training the other day. Something about speed training killing your hypoxic work because of X. Couldn't remember exactly what X was. Chris and I were chatting about it on my blog yesterday.

Very nice video!