Blog Comments

"Over the course of 2009, please feel free to email me swimming photos, which I will save and useto compile another assemblage."

Or... blackmail?

Nice job Jim. About halfway through the video, I figured out that YOU were the swim a workout with Dara Torres author and I thought "Not only does this guy know The Fortress, he swam a workout with Dara and LIVED to tell about it. How cool."
    OK, the shot at the 2:13 mark trumps both Borat and the "hairy Speedo guy." I'm scarred for life!
    Thanks for all you pictures, Chris! You were one of the Facebook friends whose photo albums was shameless pillaged! Happy New Years--see you at an upcoming meet.
    Very nice, Jim; thanks for putting that together.
    jim,
    september is still balmy, and if you would relocate to coney island, you can have up to 30 others join you for your twin brothers birthday swim (standard loop = 5k) though extracting 29 bucks from each might prove to be a difficult task. www.cibbows.org
    Jim, Check is in the mail!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Patriick. I am becoming rotund. Not sure how exactly. I wanted to thankyou for your great blog. The fact that you had some troubles staying up with that fast woman swimmer gives hapless males like me, strewn as we are throughout the ranks of masters swimming, the consolation of knowing that even the ubermenschen are occasionally beaten by the uberwomenschen amongst us!
    Nice vlog ... should've watched last night before I tucked into the fruit cake and egg nog!
    I left out the fact that there was a little rest in between the sets! After reading that Chris Stevenson "holds mostly 57's'" during 100s on 1:30, I didn't want to come off too wimpish!
    The 50s on :35 can be very painful. I couldn't imagine how painful 16 x 50s would be.
    Jim, Very entertaining and great commentary.
    superb idea. i will start a thread along these lines. can i get you to endorse the idea? You can send me pictures, and my twin brother, who teaches computer art, could put the calendar together. I will dig out an old speedo and appear on the cover!

subject, of course, to marketing approval.
    Ah, but as you indicated in your earlier comments, it SHOULDN'T happen at all. Either a TT (under the required conditions) is an official time or it is NEVER an official time regardless. Grrrr.
    Why do I feel like Little Red Riding Hood responding to the Big Bad Wolf in regards to sending you my pics?! LOL Ironically, said pics are of me in a little red swim suit (LRRH). And in your latest Vlog, you look like the BBW in a granny stocking hat.

I think you should put together a USMS calendar made up of all the masters swimmers who would like to participate.
    I am advised that this "happens all the time" and "bureaucracy happens." So not so sure the swimmers are being looked out for much.

Thanks for your thoughts though.
    Hi, Puff. Thanks for your comments, and please, please, please keep them coming. There is nothing like the attention of USMS's comely goddess of speed to drive visits to a new Vlog.

I don't know how short your hair is now, but I think you might be able to get away with the medium cap. At the next meet, I am sure there will be somebody who will let you try out theirs. I personally would be willing to drive to Atlanta myself if you would promise to try out my cap and possibly my suit as well.

On a completely unrelated note, I was hoping to drive even more traffic to my evolving Vlog by using an age-old sales technique. To wit, would you be willing to send me some pictures of yourself in that red suit that was just a little bit too small for exclusive publication on Vlog the Inhaler?

I am hoping to start the Vlog the Inhaler swimmer chick of the month feature. Actually, I would prefer it to be the swimmer chick of the day, or even the hour, feature, but with the way things are going, it may end up being Swimmer Chick of the Year.

I can afford to buy only so many wigs with the way the economy is going, and until actual swimmer chicks agree to be on my Vlog, I have to serve as Swimmer Chick myself.

Really, who wants that?
    Wow! I'm surprised that the extended version did not get YANKED! No pun intended.
    I'm glad you posted this about the cap Jim. I was thinking of getting one myself; however, now that I've seen your vlog, I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. . .

Do you think that Phelps and co wore the regular caps under this super cap to ensure that super cap would stay on?!
    I will test out at practice. For some reason, silicon caps tend to fall off my big head very easily.
    I used a medium. It stays on a lot better if you double cap, Tom, and use a regular one underneath. Try that first maybe.